Johns Hopkins University - Computer Science PhD (JHU - CS)

nowikissyou

While the results were due on March 14th (per email sent by them on March 4th), I have yet to receive a conclusive answer, as have others judging by the Admissions Results page http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=hopkins.

A comment on the same page states that only 12 would be admitted, and one person already reported being accepted, hence leaving 11 openings...

Post/rant here and take the time to briefly describe your application and projected outcome.

My background is in ECE (5-year european licentiate degree + finishing up my MS - Computer Networks / Security) and while I'm not foreign to most CS topics, I understand that may be a setback. I was mostly interested in the topics researched at JHUISI, but unfortunately they don't have PhD programs - only MS (and being an international student, getting funding is next to impossible; not to mention that holding 2 MS in roughly the same area is a bit silly). My GRE/TOEFL scores were regular (Q:780 V:630: W:5.0 iBT:112) and I don't have any published work (most academic work here is geared toward industry collaborations, hence publishing is somewhat scarce) so I know my chances are slim, but nevertheless I'm quite confident on my abilities and still hope to get accepted...