chances for physics PhD programs ?

pengaentu

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this group. I was wondering if anyone knowledgeable in graduate program admissions would be able to comment on my stats for admission as well as where I’m applying.

GPA-3.1 for math+physics

By the time I graduate, I’ll have been a research assistant for 2 years in a soft matter/biophysics lab.

I’ve been involved in academic clubs as well as club sports. The academic clubs I’ve been in are biochem and physics clubs. I joined them and worked to promote research in the fields, emphasizing scientific communication as much of our members are students with no background in the subject.

I’m applying to UCSD, UCSB, UCI, Boston U, NEU, Harvard, and UCB+UCSF.

I want to continue my work in soft matter physics, but I’m also looking at engineering PhD programs to do soft tissue mechanics.

Do I have good chances for admissions at these schools? I have some connections at UCSB, if that changes anything.

5 hours ago, pengaentu said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this group. I was wondering if anyone knowledgeable in graduate program admissions would be able to comment on my stats for admission as well as where I’m applying.

GPA-3.1 for math+physics

By the time I graduate https://100001.onl/, I’ll have been a research assistant for 2 years in a soft matter/biophysics lab.

I’ve been involved in academic clubs as well as club sports. The academic clubs I’ve been in are biochem and physics clubs. I joined them and worked to promote research in the fields, emphasizing scientific communication as much of our members are students with no background in the subject.

I’m applying to UCSD, UCSB, UCI, Boston U, NEU, Harvard, and UCB+UCSF.

I want to continue my work in soft matter physics, but I’m also looking at engineering PhD programs to do soft tissue mechanics.

Do I have good chances for admissions at these schools? I have some connections at UCSB, if that changes anything.

I got this,..