BSc in Political Science in Europe

Good morning!

I am writing this thread to ask some advices from more experienced people (QS/THE.. rankings seem very confusing to me) about where to pursue a BSc in Political Science / IR in Europe. I'll briefly explain my situation. I have 10L/10 avg. marks (100%) in Italy, and I also have some very strong extracurriculars. Fact is, I cannot attend any university in the US or in UK as an undergrad for financial matters (they’re really expensive indeed). Therefore, I will have to study in Europe. I would like to get a PhD in the field of IR in future and so I am searching for some place known to be good for research. I am mainly interested in IR regarding China and the West. Furthermore, I'd like to ask you if, in your opinion, it would be possible to directly attend a PhD in the US after a BSc in Europe as I haven't found much about that possibility. 

Thank you!!

Edited by itaSamuele

Hey,

First of all, I wish you the best of luck with everything in the future. To answer your second question quickly, yes it is possible to apply for a US PhD after a European BSc but it would be very hard to get in, and/or you'd need a good strategy (RA positions almost every year/summer, perfect grades and a lot of advanced classes).

Concerning which schools, my recommendations: your first choice should be Sciences Po (I think they're the best BA price-wise because you could even pay 0 if you're EU and your parents don't make enough), it also has exchange programs with schools in the US and if you can do a year at a top school that would help with PhDs in the US in the future. Otherwise, the University of Amsterdam is a good choice, as you have relatively low tuition for EU students. In Germany, Mannheim/Konstanz are a good choice, Switzerland ETHZ/UofZurich. Furthermore, you could also stay in Italy if you could get into one of the Scuolas (especially one of Scuola Normale Superior, Scuola Superior Sant'Anna) by passing the exams! They can place well + the prestige + the available funding and opportunities for RA/Summer Schools/International Opportunities.