Asking a letter from my boss

Mocha001

Hi, I am not a traditional student. It has been over 4 years since I graduated. Now I am trying to apply for graduate school.

I was able to find two former professors I can ask for letters for letters, but I cannot find another dependable person.

I am thinking about asking my boss. I work in major hospitality industry and I do a lot of things such as serving, bartending,

translating, guest service etc.

Since my major is communication studies, I think that asking him to write a letter of rec including my work ethics and applying my BA

in guest service and employee training.

I do not hold anything fancy titles such as a research assistant or whatever.

What do you think ?

I am sure I am not the only one working full time and trying to pay some of debts and preparing for graduate school.

I wish I could have gone to grad school right away, but I never had enough money.

...I am thinking about asking my boss...

...What do you think ?...

this issue has been discussed several times around here, and the general consensus is that it's fine to ask your boss. like you said, he'll be able to explain your work ethics, leadership skills, and how you get along with your peers. since most graduate programs house diversity and encourage students to provide helping hands, the letter from your boss should be a nice fit. if you want, you can explain it in the tiny section right after the SoP where they want you to explain certain circumstances. that said, the first preference should go to your profs. if you had a really nice one-on-one relation with some of your profs while you were in school, try budging them. they might remember you, and agree to do it.