Lower than minimmum GPA... What to do???!!

McGill Candidate

I have managed to get supervision approval for a Thesis Masters program at McGill. Now I am requested to go on with my formal application. I have a very good TOEFL score, excellent letters of recommendation; but i got a GPA of 74.8% while it is stated on the McGill's website that they require a minimmum of 80% for graduates of my country. Actually 80% in my countyr is extremly difficult to get! I wonder if the people at McGill are aware of this fact!... Now what can I do if I was told that my GPA is below the minimmum required?? Please help

Note: I have been graduated since 1999 with a BDS and since then I practiced dentistry for 11+ years now...

I think the only plan on action here is to email the admission office. It would be rather unfortunate to apply and then have them cull your application because it is under a certain benchmark. However, it is worth emailing - as you graduated 11 years ago, it could very well be the case that the grading system/inflation means it would be acceptable.

I have managed to get supervision approval for a Thesis Masters program at McGill. Now I am requested to go on with my formal application. I have a very good TOEFL score, excellent letters of recommendation; but i got a GPA of 74.8% while it is stated on the McGill's website that they require a minimmum of 80% for graduates of my country. Actually 80% in my countyr is extremly difficult to get! I wonder if the people at McGill are aware of this fact!... Now what can I do if I was told that my GPA is below the minimmum required?? Please help

Note: I have been graduated since 1999 with a BDS and since then I practiced dentistry for 11+ years now...

if 80% is rare in your country, i see that it could be an error on the univ's part. email them and ask if it's what it is. and like the person above said, 74% from 11 years ago might mean something more now.

on the other hand, you can also contact profs in the dept, and ask about your chances. it's likely that your 11 years of experience in the field will offset the grade requirement.

if 80% is rare in your country, i see that it could be an error on the univ's part. email them and ask if it's what it is. and like the person above said, 74% from 11 years ago might mean something more now.

on the other hand, you can also contact profs in the dept, and ask about your chances. it's likely that your 11 years of experience in the field will offset the grade requirement.

Thanks db2290... Thanks bhikhaari... Your advices are highly appreciated, I have already sent the graduate students' affairs office an unofficial copy for GPA conversion. I will wait to see what they will come back with. In case of a negative response, I have read somewhere that McGill can overlook the minimmum GPA in 4 cases, two of which are:1- Claiming that the GPA doesn't reflect the real abilities of the candidate (Though I have no idea how to prove that other than the good letters of recommendation plus giving me the chance to porove it during the masters itself :) ) 2- He/She graduated since a long time.