GRE online sites?

Mocha001

i used google extensively, and i swear i tried the top 100 or so sites. however, most sites have pretty much the same words, and after your skim through 5-10 websites, remaining aren't that useful. however, most websites have unique math questions, and that really helped me a lot. to find repetitive words, search something like 'most frequent gre words'. you can also search for 'barron/kaplan/princeton gre word list' and print the words, if you don't have the books already. there are plenty of softwares you can download (again, google is your best friend) and use on your machine locally.

ETS's own Powerprep program is the gold standard: the two tests are at almost exactly the same scoring difficulty as the "real" test, and they also implement the computerized adaptive algorithm best. Virtually all authorities (including the big name test prep companies) agree.

Be careful to download the right program though. If you're taking the current GRE, you should download Powerprep, and if you're taking the "new" GRE (after Aug 1, 2011), download "Powerprep II."

As Bhikarri said, there are dozens of word lists and so on. If you learn most of those words WELL, you'll definitely improve your verbal score. Same with the math sections. In my opinion the "NOVA" book (available only online I think) is the best math book.

Good luck,

John

Edited by DrFaustus666

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are many websites and links available on Internet for GRE studies. I have little list for this. You should found gre.org, msu.edu, slimy, mygretutor, cc.gatech.edu, english-test. These are so valuable and top websites for GRE studies. I hope these could be useful for you.