Transcript Question re: Withdrawal

will415

you don't have to include this transcript if this class wasn't transferred to your 'main' school. and since you withdrew from the class, i assume you didn't transfer it. since the class passed on to the oblivion, you'll be fine without this.

you don't have to include this transcript if this class wasn't transferred to your 'main' school. and since you withdrew from the class, i assume you didn't transfer it. since the class passed on to the oblivion, you'll be fine without this.

Thanks for responding. I'd be interested in hearing more opinions, especially because I will be including transcripts from several schools where I did various post-bacc work.

Thanks again!

Officially, you're supposed to include all transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended (for most schools).

Unofficially, however, a single withdraw certainly won't help you in any way, and the admissions people will never be in a position to find out about it if you don't send in a transcript.

I would just exclude it entirely.

I transferred to another country! in my first year. In my applications first I included the first university on my CV and wrote: withdrawn for such and such reasons. I was afraid somehow that "they" would find out.(I did not intend to send any transcripts) I was advised by my MA advisor to drop the whole thing because it was very confusing and useless. My advisor was right, nobody ever cared what did I do in that semester which was not accounted for on my CV. Now thinking it over with clear head I doubt that even in the universities where I got in and they closely looked at my file anybody had noticed it. (Mind all of this takes place outside the US but I doubt that your case would be any different)