JD student looking for MPP

lawpolicy

I am definitely going to law student at William and Mary next year. I want to have a career in public policy. I am strongly considering getting an MPP from another school after graduation from law school.

With my law degree will I need an MPP to get in the public policy arena? I was considering UMaryland or Georgetown part time while I work in public interest law in DC.

I was also thinking of applying to Duke for their MPP program after my JD.

My career goal is to have a job in the public policy arena, but do I really need a MPP to do so?

I am definitely going to law student at William and Mary next year. I want to have a career in public policy. I am strongly considering getting an MPP from another school after graduation from law school.

With my law degree will I need an MPP to get in the public policy arena? I was considering UMaryland or Georgetown part time while I work in public interest law in DC.

I was also thinking of applying to Duke for their MPP program after my JD.

My career goal is to have a job in the public policy arena, but do I really need a MPP to do so?

I'm at William and Mary for law school right now and I just posted on the MPA stats topic above this one! I don't think you need an MPP (or MPA) to do policy, but it might give you more confidence and a better background if you do. That's why I'm interested. I think Georgetown would be your best bet of the schools you mentioned.