News from Temple or Davis?

petebest

Anyone heard from Temple U or UC-Davis? Nothing comes up on the on-line application section ---that is, no declined or admitted just still pending and no word at all. UC-D usually invites some early and obviously I'm not in that group but apparently I am not yet "rejected" (I do know someone who has been already).

Anyone heard or even heard second-hand about any admissions especially to Temple?

Concerning temple, I was informally told by a professor on March 2nd that I had been accepted. (not sure of the exact date when they made their decision) As of today, I still have not received official notice and still no word on funding. (though, I do live overseas and US mail travels slowly to Scandinavia these days) That said, I think there is still much hope for you on the Temple front.

• 3 months later...

Wish I would have found this forum way back when this post was made... I waited forever for Temple and didn't hear anything until April. I guess that means I could have been on the second string list or something, but they should have told me! lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I just got into Temple for Fall 2009- anyone have advice/input?

As a native Philadelphian, I would suggest that you don't live in North Philly. Center City, South Philly, parts of West Philly are fine if you want to live in the city. If you're willing to trek a bit, I can suggest other places.

Congrats on your acceptance. I'm still waiting to here from Temple. Let me know if you have other questions about Philly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have heard from them after sending numerous emails. My experience is do not even bother emailing the department. The only person that answer me back was the chair of graduate studies and she got back to me in less than a day. Otherwise, all my emails were unanswered. So try the chair of graduate studies and you will know.