Opinion Seeking By Proxy

Mrs. Grad

I'm trying to gauge my husband's chances on getting into his top grad school programs. Here are his stats.

- GRE Scores (1270 Total) Verbal - 640, Quantitative - 630

- 3.81 GPA, graduated magna *** laude.

- Worked for two summers as research assistant in lab under various professors.

He's applying to programs at the following schools:

- University of Washington

- Tufts University

- UC Davis

- UC Berkeley

- Penn State

- University of Pennsylvania

- Yale

- UC San Diego

- Carnegie Mellon

- University of Connecticut

- University of Colorado, Boulder

Thoughts? Concerns? If you gained admission to any of these schools, would you mind sharing your stats to compare/contrast?

I'm sure he'd be posting this himself, but the poor guy is working seven days a week and juggling last minute applications.

Deepest thanks!

Elizabeth

I am mo exactly sure of the ranking of these schools for biology, but here are my thought..

Gre total is pretty good but better schools sometimes look for higher than 80th percentile so the quant score seems a little low.

For research two summers is good especially because it was probably full time, but lots of people have good research. Did any research culminate in conference presentations or papers? That would increase his chances greatly. Otherwise he seems like he should be in the pack!

For research two summers is good especially because it was probably full time, but lots of people have good research. Did any research culminate in conference presentations or papers? That would increase his chances greatly. Otherwise he seems like he should be in the pack!

He's contributed to two papers, however the head researcher got scatterbrained and left him out of the acknowledgments for one of them. Bummer.

I'm rooting for him, but I'm concerned that the quantitative scores will push him out of the running.