Best programs in National Security

lingrussian

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about the best programs for national security? I'm ultimately looking to go into intel work, and I know Georgetown is a really good one, but idk what else to look at. Any good programs at ivy leagues?

Also, if you have any special recommendations for these types of programs before applying (besides getting an internship or something with the gov)

Thanks!

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about the best programs for national security? I'm ultimately looking to go into intel work, and I know Georgetown is a really good one, but idk what else to look at. Any good programs at ivy leagues?

Also, if you have any special recommendations for these types of programs before applying (besides getting an internship or something with the gov)

Thanks!

Are you looking at 2011? That would be cutting it pretty close. Most of the deadlines are about a month away.

I'd start with the Foreign Policy "Inside the Ivory Tower" rankings. Most of the recommendations you will get will include those schools. From that point it's really more about figuring out the specific strengths of different schools vis-a-vis your interests. National security is a pretty big subfield.

No, not next year, the year after. Thanks for the recommendation. It seems like the list is basically what I was thinking.

Are you looking at 2011? That would be cutting it pretty close. Most of the deadlines are about a month away.

I'd start with the Foreign Policy "Inside the Ivory Tower" rankings. Most of the recommendations you will get will include those schools. From that point it's really more about figuring out the specific strengths of different schools vis-a-vis your interests. National security is a pretty big subfield.

Just be aware that the government is going to be experiencing budget cuts, including in the intelligence community, for the near future. This may change in the next few years, but it's something to consider before you put down a lot of money on this degree.

• 5 weeks later...

You should check out the Korbel School at the University of Denver. Their Sie Fellowship program is led by a former CIA officer, and the school has an excellent reputation. They offer a certificate in homeland security alongside a degree in International Security Studies.

Worth a look!