Question regarding my chances for BME programs, Master's and Ph.D.

chunkyvortex

Hey all!

I am a full time engineer looking to see where I should apply for a master's program for Fall 2024. I have a 3.0 and a 165 on my GREs. I believe I have a very solid SOP, and decent letters of recommendations, as well as solid experience.

I am very new to the application process and I believe my ultimate goal is to apply to med school in 4-5 years, but I would like to expand my education at the moment to work full time before pursuing that. That being said, I would like to get the master's in biomedical engineering with something related in neuropsychiatric disorders/molecular neuroscience/neural engineering/neural tissue engineering.

The schools I would be shooting for (I know its ambitious and my GPA is low) are:

-JHU -UCSD -UCSF MTM -University of Maine -University of Michigan -University of MN -University of Chicago -Duke -Berkeley -Columbia

I graduated in 2022, but I have been taking grad-level classes at my local university and I want to leverage that to offset my bad GPA.

Are there any schools I should focus on? Do I have a chance?

Here's my resume: https://imgur.com/a/m5QPNR6

I forgot to add this point to my resume: my male contraceptive project won an award from the NIH and we got invited to BMES in Fall 2022.