Recommendation email by application system never sent

cogscipixie

As nothing seems to be going right for me this application season, one of my letter recommenders was never sent the email by the application system at the U of Cincinnati after I had submitted my online application. I talked to the graduate secretary today and she said that their "application grid system is down?" I gave her the name and email of my prof, because apparently there were more than a couple of people who never got an email. This seems to be a separate issue though unrelated to the grid being down. She said she couldn't access it today and hopes it will be running tomorrow. Should I follow up with her tomorrow? I'm just tired of technical problems being at the core of my application issues, when I have all my stuff organized on this end.

Have any of you had the same problem happen before, and how did you deal with it?

Definitely follow up with her tomorrow. Perhaps they will allow the recommender to just email the recommendation letter rather than use the system which seems to be having difficulties.

Yeah, that's what I hope, since I had sent in the online portion 2 weeks ago, and my other writers had no issues. Of course, it always seems to happen when I think everything else is in order. Oy.