When it says: "you may add recommenders after your application is submitted..."

bookhorse

I recently applied to UF, and it says on their website: "you may add recommenders and monitor their status after you submit the application." The deadline was Dec. 15. However, two of my recommenders still didn't submit their letters yet (online). They will definitely submit them later, I'm sure, but will this affect my application? UF did not specify when all of the materials should be submitted, but it says that the committee will start reviewing in Jan. Should I send a reminder to my recommenders? It's the holidays, though... THANKS!

I shall now try to dictate a system whereby there will be complete agreement among all subscribers to this forum about holiday email netiquette. Therefore, I'll be like a Miss Manners of Graduate Schools normal prof-student netiquette.

All things being equal (i.e. no other extended professorial vacations, etc.),

1) Students can send emails to faculty at any time they want, but sending an email on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day looks a little odd.

2) Students should expect responses back from faculty by Jan. 3.

3) While it would be highly considerate of faculty to respond to emails between Dec. 24 and Jan. 3., it should not be expected.

I recently applied to UF, and it says on their website: "you may add recommenders and monitor their status after you submit the application." The deadline was Dec. 15. However, two of my recommenders still didn't submit their letters yet (online). They will definitely submit them later, I'm sure, but will this affect my application? UF did not specify when all of the materials should be submitted, but it says that the committee will start reviewing in Jan. Should I send a reminder to my recommenders? It's the holidays, though... THANKS!

I shall now try to dictate a system whereby there will be complete agreement among all subscribers to this forum about holiday email netiquette. Therefore, I'll be like a Miss Manners of Graduate Schools normal prof-student netiquette.

All things being equal (i.e. no other extended professorial vacations, etc.),

1) Students can send emails to faculty at any time they want, but sending an email on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day looks a little odd.

2) Students should expect responses back from faculty by Jan. 3.

3) While it would be highly considerate of faculty to respond to emails between Dec. 24 and Jan. 3., it should not be expected.

Thanks edelossantos17! I'll wait it out...