CS MS (AI focus) - UCLA vs UCSD

router

So I'm still waiting to hear from Stanford, but assuming I don't get in my top two choices are UCSD and UCLA. I was kind of leaning towards UCLA before I went to visit, but during my recent trip out to Cali I actually got a really good vibe from UCSD, both the campus and the department. Gonna be a really tough choice. Does anyone have any input?

I didn't apply to UCLA because I was terrified of LA. San Diego is a way nicer city from where I stand. I also was under the impression that SD had a stronger engineering faculty than UCLA, CS might be different.

Well as my UCLA tour guide put it, UCLA is nestled between three famously dangerous neighborhoods: Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood. Also, at night it's apparently the most lit campus in the country. Plus, I go to school in DC right now, which is probably more dangerous than UCLA. I'm not worried about safety. :P

Well as my UCLA tour guide put it, UCLA is nestled between three famously dangerous neighborhoods: Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood. Also, at night it's apparently the most lit campus in the country. Plus, I go to school in DC right now, which is probably more dangerous than UCLA. I'm not worried about safety. :P

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not! LA sucks but UCLA is in a great area. USC, on the other hand, is in the ghet-to. I am from San Diego and just finished undergrad at UCSD and I would hate to live in LA, but that's a pretty typical San Diego opinion. If you're at UCLA and don't have to commute, I'm sure it's fine. San Diego is definitely less exciting than LA, it's mostly families and military, but there are some cool areas and definitely enough to do. If you have any specific questions at the city or school, fire away, I am a wealth of knowledge. I am very sad to be leaving in August :cry:

Congrats on graduating, your campus is beautiful and it seemed to me like the students at UCSD are very happy there. Honestly I was leaning towards UCSD over UCLA...I say was because I just got accepted to Stanford, which I honestly didn't expect to happen. So thank you very much for the input, and just in case anyone has to make the same decision it might be worth leaving this up, but I personally no longer need advice on this.

Edit: And, yes, the "UCLA is nestled between three famously dangerous neighborhoods: Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood" was sarcastic. :P

Congrats on graduating, your campus is beautiful and it seemed to me like the students at UCSD are very happy there. Honestly I was leaning towards UCSD over UCLA...I say was because I just got accepted to Stanford, which I honestly didn't expect to happen. So thank you very much for the input, and just in case anyone has to make the same decision it might be worth leaving this up, but I personally no longer need advice on this.

Edit: And, yes, the "UCLA is nestled between three famously dangerous neighborhoods: Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood" was sarcastic. :P

Thanks and congrats to you too! That is exciting news, I'd choose Stanford too 8) Good luck to you!