University of Toronto - Online Status Woes

tonimac

Is anyone else annoyed with these schools, U of Toronto being one of them, that allow you to check your application's status but stop just short of providing you with ANY kind of actual useful information? My status on the website was changed to 'Decision Made' last week, and I've been a BUNDLE of nerves ever since.

Seriously. I'd almost rather not know.

Anyone else suffering like I am? I'm applying to the Cinema Studies program, by the way.

(And why isn't Ryerson on this website at all...?!)

Toni

From my experience with the University of Toronto, and several of my friends' experiences, if you are accepted, someone from your program will contact you long before the status of your online application changes or you receive something in the mail. The people who are rejected are generally only notified by mail. This has at least been the experience of me and five friends who applied this year and last year, but it may vary by department. From these limited samples, if your application says "decision made" but nobody has contacted you, then you have probably rejected or waitlisted. This was true of Info studies, economics and urban planning. I don't know about other departments though.

I'm in the same boat :(

My status changed to "Decision Made" a few days ago, but I haven't yet received anything.

It's confusing - according to their website, they were going to send out acceptance and rejection letters between March 1 and April 1. However, when I call the department, it says on their voice mail that they will only be sending out letters in April.

All I know is that I'm beyond anxious about the entire thing...

My status changed over this morning, after being emailed last week. Still no package though, and I only live a few hours away from Toronto. I don't think I'm going to accept the offer, but still, rumour has it that UofT has the most "glossy" acceptance package (at least in my program) and it's a nice feeling of validation to have something like that arrive in the mail. I want it!

It seems the pattern is continuing, as I discover more people I know either being accepted or rejected from UofT: if your status changes to "decision made" before you are contacted, then you have most likely been rejected or at least waitlisted.

This is very discouraging.

My only hope in all of this is that, from what I understand, they do not contact applicants prior to mailing out letters of acceptance or rejection. Whether this is completely accurate or not, I'm not sure.

When I was accepted to their Master's program, I only received an acceptance letter in the mail, no information via email or phone prior to. Though they may have changed this since then...

Do you know of anyone in the Dep't of Public Health Sciences that has heard back?

I've received two e-mails from the department to which I applied, one last week as a general "welcome" e-mail and one a few days ago containing the text of the letter they're mailing to us. specifics on funding are still, well, not terribly specific, but we're supposed to get those shortly. my status still hasn't changed from "under review," however.

I've received the email.

I am writing to let you know that you have been placed on our waiting

list for MA studies at the University of Toronto. If a place opens up

we will let you know right away. Accepted students are required to

respond to our offers by March 28th so you will hear again from us

before or soon after that date.

And I haven't heard any news so far..

Does it mean that I am rejected?

No, that means you should hear early next week whether or not you have been offered a spot off the waitlist. Friday, they ought have found out how many students are rejecting their offer and therefore how many people they can make offers to on the waitlist.

It could also mean that your program you are waiting on at UofT is excellent and very few people who have been admitted are turning it down. If their waitlist isn't ranked, then the committee might be taking the weekend, or a few days next week, to decide who to admit based on who turned down the offer. If someone with similar research interests declined the offer, then you might be admitted based on that. However, if there is a ranked wait list, then who knows.

Either way, happy thoughts and good luck!

Well I finally received news...and I was accepted! So for all of those people whose status changed to Decision Made without receiving any information beforehand, there is still hope. My status changed on Tuesday and I received my acceptance on Friday!

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting...

I received my admission offer via email on March 15, then post mail on March 24...but the funny thing is that my online application is still showing the status 'documents pending'!!!

I got admission offer from the Women and Gender Studies Institute of UofT.