University of Houston REVOKED OFFER AFTER I HAD MOVED

scrwdbyuhouston

I'd also say that posters on this website should very, very careful about their identities...seems like if she ever got a hold of your real name she would do a very good job of trashing your reputation all over the internet.

Hey folks,

Found this link online apparently written by one of the professors to scrdbyhouston

http://www.xoxohth.c...c=23&forum_id=2

Thought this might be interesting. And it seems like the poster has even harassed this professor's family, which is why he took it upon himself to finally respond to her accusations.

How did you find this? I had tried to find more info by googling but didn't come up anything, I had no idea what the professor's name is. But WOW...this chick is more twisted than I thought. She posted in the results page not too long also, so she's doing that regularly. She even posted some comment about it on a Red Hot Chili Peppers video on a Russian music site. Absolutely sick. It was fascinating to read the responses from the professor, she was sending him things and harassing his family years later. She claims to know he didn't write the later 5 years after the fact...how the hell did she get accepted to the program in the first place if she was missing a component of the application? She's definitely mentally warped.

How did you find this? I had tried to find more info by googling but didn't come up anything, I had no idea what the professor's name is. But WOW...this chick is more twisted than I thought. She posted in the results page not too long also, so she's doing that regularly. She even posted some comment about it on a Red Hot Chili Peppers video on a Russian music site. Absolutely sick. It was fascinating to read the responses from the professor, she was sending him things and harassing his family years later. She claims to know he didn't write the later 5 years after the fact...how the hell did she get accepted to the program in the first place if she was missing a component of the application? She's definitely mentally warped.

Given the posters last post on the results page, I figured I would just Google the Daniel Brou+houston and came across a whole bunch on links....I am just curious about what the entire story is with this woman and this seems to be more serious than I thought. But yeah, she has smeared this guys name everywhere and is still continuing to do so. Pretty scary stuff

And I have no idea about this Houston business...I'm wondering if she ever really did apply, she has serious mental issues so she could be making up the entire thing. I'm still wondering if there is anything the administrators can do to get her off this site....this whole thing started off hilarious, but she is definitely a stalker, and again, I really do hope she doesn't get a hold of anyone's information on this site.

Edited by ZeeMore21

Oh Ok, right, she actually posted the name in the results page, I haven't looked at that in a while. I googled her name and came up with more...I was greatly disturbed to discover that she taught or still teaches at the same undergrad institution I attended. She has claimed to be associated with many schools including Yale, Johns Hopkins, Columbia (this one must be true since that's where the professor teaches), U of Houston, and University of London. I don't recognize her and I guess she was there at a later time...thank god.

Here she is in all her glory: http://img23.imagesh...8119/cccpyv.jpg

I got the link from this thread in which she claimed that the FBI sends men to get involved with her so they can report back to them: http://www.autoadmit...0619&forum_id=2

Edited by Mal83

She's so obviously crazy, I don't know that she could really affect one's reputation online. Her real danger seems to lie in threats to one's family or safety, as poor Professor Brou has experienced.

I am resisting the urge to speculate about what her particular mental disorder is.

She's so obviously crazy, I don't know that she could really affect one's reputation online. Her real danger seems to lie in threats to one's family or safety, as poor Professor Brou has experienced.

I am resisting the urge to speculate about what her particular mental disorder is.

I only mentioned the threats to online reputations because Brou noted in his email that his employer, UWO, questioned him about what has been found online. I do doubt that this woman would try to pick a fight with posters here, but I really don't know if we can put anything past her...from what I am seeing she has used Gradcafe, The Chronicle, Inside Higher Ed, Yahoo, Youtube, Topix, and a couple other academic websites to smear the name of this professor in addition to her own family members. It also seems like she does take the names of other people to ask online question. I think that even the first thing that comes up for Brou is accusations from this woman...as an academic you really don't want your online reputation looking like this. Her cyberbulling is out of control, so it would be best that she not get her hands on anyone's name.

Edited by ZeeMore21

It's The College of NJ...How could she be associated with so many schools? She has really made it her life's work to post snippets of this craziness all over the internet, it really doesn't matter what kind of website, if you can post something, she's posting it. I really feel for that professor, he was dealing with her for years, and probably still is. What I still can't get a handle on is how she was even accepted to U of H at all if a letter of recommendation didn't get submitted, a piece of the application was missing, yet she was admitted. How could that be? She spent years emailing and harassing him for answers, he said in his response to her that he never responded to her requests for a letter in the first place, how in the world do you translate that as "Yes, I'll do it for you."

Well I'm thinking she never got into the University of Houston in the first place, but perhaps I'm wrong. I just see now way she could have given her history of bullying a professor and his family members. Academia is so small, so word of this woman must have gotten around, especially considering that she also was a professor at some time.

I'm wondering if she didn't apply to UH for admission but rather for an academic position and when the department found that she had lied to (or tacitly mislead) the committee with her CV they revoked their offer of employment. Maybe then she framed the story as a graduate student having their offer recinded better resonate with the GradCafe's audience.

Edited by jblsmith

Anything is possible with this woman, you know for someone who claims that this single professor ruined her professional career, she sure has had a lot of teaching jobs at a lot of schools...what's strange though is that for most of the schools she taught less than 6 months, not sure who common that is, to hop around from school to school...maybe it's normal, but it's very odd that she claims she was "illegally" fired from Houston Community College because of this professor right after getting the job, but yet according to her profile, she actually taught there...

http://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthiazcohen

You are right qbtacoma...there is really nothing you can believe when it comes to what she lists as her credentials. I really shouldn't be so interested in what this woman is going online but I honestly haven't seen anything like this before.

There's no benefit to digging around the internet for information on this woman, but I'll be the first to admit that it's intriguing trying to piece it together, I can't get over how much of it there is. She created a twisted warped version of her circumstances and situation. You can't tell how much of it is real and how much of it is fabrication. It's the stuff you only think happens in creepy stalker movies or CSI type TV shows. This is someone that literally jumped into the deep end and personally eroded a professor's reputation. You google this guy's name and most of the first few pages of results include her name and "he screwed me." That has to have been damaging to him. If anything, this is one of those extreme lessons on how someone with a computer and internet access can make your life much more difficult than it has to be. But really I just got to be an armchair detective for a little while :-P

Definitely agree Mal83...it is fun to be a detective once and a while. It does seem, however, that this type of cyber popularity is something this woman actually wants...she wants people to talk about her story and try to piece everything together from all of the different postings found on multiple websites. It doesn't seem like she cares at all about her online activity getting in the way of landing a job or academic opportunity--rather, she continues to this day to blame a professor for her inability to gain employment. Like others have suggested, this woman does have some type of mental illness that she is unwilling to accept. That part is sad.

I hope the guy she is defaming is documenting EVERYTHING and has some legal and professional support. She is a stalker and could possibly become a real threat if she is that imbalanced. She looks a little wild-eyed but then so do I when those voices in my head start arguing with one another.

(No, you don't!)

[Yes, I do!]

(We never argue with you)

[What do you call this???]

JK...bad joke.

"We'll" go stand in the corner.

Edited by flotsam

I hope the guy she is defaming is documenting EVERYTHING and has some legal and professional support. She is a stalker and could possibly become a real threat if she is that imbalanced. She looks a little wild-eyed but then so do I when those voices in my head start arguing with one another.

(No, you don't!)

[Yes, I do!]

(We never argue with you)

[What do you call this???]

JK...bad joke.

There's nothing out there to suggest that this professor did anything at all to combat her attacks and harassment until she finally started getting a hold of his family, we're talking about years here. He only responded to a few of her posts online...but that seems to be it, he could have easily gotten some legal assistance, maybe he did, who knows. She even sent him weird "gifts" in the mail, like things with her name on it and hearts all over them or something sick like that. I mean she definitely crossed a few lines over the course of years and I certainly wouldn't have let it go on so long without involving law enforcement...he was right at first though, to not engage her because she definitely has issues.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use