School extended deadline!! UGHH so confused HELP!

eyecome1st

I submitted my application to the advanced standing masters program for social work in late November. The original deadline was extended by a month! I found this out 3 weeks after I submitted my app. Now its going to take even longer to hear back! One person received her rejection notice 2 weeks after submitting her app and I have heard nothing. I'm confused as to why they would extend the deadline especially since they always have way more applicants than available spaces..and secondly how soon will they begin responding to applicants who they want to interview with..

In the mean time I am driving myself absolutely CRAZY with questions! any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

have you tried calling their admissions office? since they extended their deadline, they must have more information for applicants. i would just give their office a call.

have you tried calling their admissions office? since they extended their deadline, they must have more information for applicants. i would just give their office a call.

Thanks! Maybe I will try that, they should be more willing to provide information since they made a change in the deadline.

With all of the PhD applications that I've submitted in the past month, a couple of them did the same thing, and it usually was due to system issues -- i.e., their IT systems failed in some way, couldn't handle the overload of uploaded app. documents, etc. If they pushed their original deadline back that far, it probably just means that they either had some technical/administrative issues or they want more applicants (and since you said it's probably not the latter, I would say it's the former). Don't worry. Good luck!