NSF Funding

tracklt16

Does anyone know when and how we find out if we have received the NSF for graduate school? Also, do they inform our prospective schools if we have won the award? Thanks

I'm also applying, for the first time, but from what it sounds like, we'll hear back in late march/early April. It sounds like you are notified much the same way you are re: grad school applications, with an email directing you to log onto the secure application site.

If you click on The Bank section under forums, you will find threads from both this year's applicants and past applicants. The thread from previous years might help you answer your questions.

Good luck!

Edited by Cicero

Does anyone know when and how we find out if we have received the NSF for graduate school? Also, do they inform our prospective schools if we have won the award? Thanks

Last year it was the first week of April, if I remember correctly.

Last year it was the first week of April, if I remember correctly.

NSF says it can take up to 6 months, but in the past winners have often been notified within 3-4 months. I applied during the September 2010 deadline, but have not heard back yet. I think someone in another forum indicated that they had heard back though. You can log into your application online to check the status, and they will send you an accept/reject e-mail when they have made the decision.

For the GRFP, they convene the panelists in February to review the applications. http://www.nsfgrfp.org/for_educators/panelist_information

They've stated this year's announcements will be made in April. http://www.nsfgrfp.org/applicant_resources/frequently_asked_questions#notified%20of%20decision

NSF says it can take up to 6 months, but in the past winners have often been notified within 3-4 months. I applied during the September 2010 deadline, but have not heard back yet. I think someone in another forum indicated that they had heard back though. You can log into your application online to check the status, and they will send you an accept/reject e-mail when they have made the decision.

I've heard the only notifications people have received thus far are ones notifying people if they have been disqualified. I'm resigned to the fact that its going to be a long wait.