Siggraph 2011 Volunteering

Amogh

As the description reads, anyone considering applying? I am but i'm totally stuck on the essays section because i just can't answer the question asking me to describe a goal i'd set for myself in the past year. Frankly, i don't think i'v really set anything other than to get in shape. haven't really achieved that either.. hehe.. Which leads me to the question, what goal have you set for yourself in the past year? and did you achieve it?

As the description reads, anyone considering applying? I am but i'm totally stuck on the essays section because i just can't answer the question asking me to describe a goal i'd set for myself in the past year. Frankly, i don't think i'v really set anything other than to get in shape. haven't really achieved that either.. hehe.. Which leads me to the question, what goal have you set for yourself in the past year? and did you achieve it?

looks like no1's in a very talkative mood. and not a lot of graphics people either eh?

• 4 weeks later...

I've just decided to apply. I am not sure whether I will be able to attend though, unless they'll be willing to pay for some expensive international travel... or unless I'll be in the USA...

Oh God, but what's with all of those questions? I feel like I'm taking a personality test instead of anything else... What are the correct answers? What are they looking for? I am sort of replying truthfully, because I have no idea what would be bad and what would be good... :|

Edit:

Question 1: Easy - get into grad school! I am considering "past year" to mean "past 12 months". And although I was considering grad school since basically my freshman year, I "decided" to apply only the past year. And it's also a successful experience, so all for the better!

Question 2: Easy also - I come from Romania, came to the States 4 years ago. Interacted with so many different people and changed my view on life completely. Just have to put this into words (250 of them)...

Question 3: I have an idea, but I probably shouldn't write about it... So I'll probably write about something that happened last summer (which is, now that I think about it, more recent than last spring).

Edited by adinutzyc