how does Oxford notify applicants of a decision?

new mexico

Are you applying for Clarendon? When are you, guys (and girls), usually nominated and notified of funding?

AHRC nominations (by the department) are announced in March and results are known by May, I guess. Waiting is so difficult!

Edited by Bukharan

Are you applying for Clarendon? When are you, guys (and girls), usually nominated and notified of funding?

AHRC nominations (by the department) are announced in March and results are known by May, I guess. Waiting is so difficult!

I pay home students fee. I'm hoping for ESRC nomination. No words yet.

Just out of curiousity, are you in USA or UK? I am in the US, but born in the UK, which means I'll probably be classified as an International student.....boooo!!

I am EU citizen and I have been working in the UK for nearly four years.

In order to be classified as Home/EU students for fee purpose, you'll need to fulfill the following requirements:

1) be EU/UK Citizens

2) reside in the UK in the past 3 years for reasons other than full time education prior to the beginning of your course

Congratulations to all acceptees! I have a question - did everybody here apply by the November deadline, and that's why you're all hearing back right now? I applied for an MSt, but by the January 21st deadline, not the November deadline. I'm assuming this means I shouldn't get my hopes up for hearing anything imminently (according to the website I should know by mid-March). Anyone else in the same boat, or are there people who applied in January and are already getting letters? (In which case I'll definitely start to freak out.)

I was accepted to the MPhil in Material Anthropology and Museum Ethnography. It's a doctoral track program (two years MPhil, leading to two years DPhil - research degrees). I guess we'll know about potential funding when we get acceptance letters from individual colleges. Also, I am still waiting on Clarendon and Weidenfeld scholarship decisions, although I don't really expect to win those; I think only five Americans will get the Weidenfeld. FYI, I'm American, graduating this year from UCSB with a bachelors in sociocultural anthropology. Cheers.

Well done Melchior! Just out of interest, which department are you in at Cambridge for the MPhil? I applied for an MPhil in Education, and haven't heard back yet. Are you in the US?

Thanks and congratulations!!!

Thanks! I was accepted for the MPhil in Music. I am really looking forward to it... Yes, I'm in the US! Don't worry if you haven't heard back yet. It takes them a really long time to process documents... I heard back in early December after applying in October. I am still waiting to hear from my first and second colleges regarding placement... The wait feels endless!

I was accepted to the MPhil in Material Anthropology and Museum Ethnography. It's a doctoral track program (two years MPhil, leading to two years DPhil - research degrees). I guess we'll know about potential funding when we get acceptance letters from individual colleges. Also, I am still waiting on Clarendon and Weidenfeld scholarship decisions, although I don't really expect to win those; I think only five Americans will get the Weidenfeld. FYI, I'm American, graduating this year from UCSB with a bachelors in sociocultural anthropology. Cheers.

Just got accepted for the Mphil in social anthropology :) i'm american too!

hopefully we'll both receive funding and be out there this fall.

Well done to you too, New Mexico!! I am still waiting for my decision from Cambridge for an MPhil! Hope it comes soon!!! Did you also get notification of your decision through the website, or was it just notification that a decision has been made? Thanks everyone!! CONGRATULATIONS!

• 4 weeks later...