SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I heard from them a while ago, early-mid February. I wouldn't worry if you've applied there though as it seems kind of random how they're sending letters out. People are still hearing positive and negative news from them.

Hello,

In regards to Iowa, I just received an unofficial acceptance email around 1:30 pm EST. It included the standard "the competition was competitive this year" line but there was no mention of how many people they accepted or how many applicants they had. They are still figuring out funding but did mention that they would only be making 2 or 3 funding offers. Official letters will be mailed.

Edited by Kaitjg

Are schools mailing you guys things to the address that you put as your current address, or your permanent address?

I would have thought that they would send things to my current address (my apartment at school), but a few things so far have been sent to my permanent address (my parent's house). It's really annoying!

Are schools mailing you guys things to the address that you put as your current address, or your permanent address?

I would have thought that they would send things to my current address (my apartment at school), but a few things so far have been sent to my permanent address (my parent's house). It's really annoying!

Marquette is the only school that sent a letter to my permanent address (the letter with the checkmarq information). idk why they would do that, but I agree, it's annoying! No letters sent home today, but maybe they would switch and actually send it my current address? (doubtful)

Marquette is the only school that sent a letter to my permanent address (the letter with the checkmarq information). idk why they would do that, but I agree, it's annoying! No letters sent home today, but maybe they would switch and actually send it my current address? (doubtful)

I think that it's strange. I've only been mailed two things so far (the checkmarq info for Marquette, and my acceptance for Dallas), and they both were sent home.

And yet, even though I'm pretty sure that Marquette will send the letter home since they did for checkmarq, I have checked my mail here like 3 times today...ha.

Just an FYI for everyone waiting on Marquette, I got my letter through the mail today. They said they were unable to offer me admission now, but I've been put on the waitlist in case spots open up. Marquette wasn't really my first choice, but man, does it suck to get a rejected letter from the first school you hear from.

Just an FYI for everyone waiting on Marquette, I got my letter through the mail today. They said they were unable to offer me admission now, but I've been put on the waitlist in case spots open up. Marquette wasn't really my first choice, but man, does it suck to get a rejected letter from the first school you hear from.

I'm sorry to hear that :/

One good way to think about it is that, with how competitive these programs are, I think that most of us are bound to get at least one rejection/waitlist...sooo, just hope that you got yours out of the way!

If you don't mind me asking, what state/region do you live in? I am wondering if maybe I live further from Milwaukee than the people who have heard back already.

I'm sorry to hear that :/

One good way to think about it is that, with how competitive these programs are, I think that most of us are bound to get at least one rejection/waitlist...sooo, just hope that you got yours out of the way!

If you don't mind me asking, what state/region do you live in? I am wondering if maybe I live further from Milwaukee than the people who have heard back already.

I'm in Chicago, so I'm only about 3 hours away from Milwaukee. I'm sure I got my letter before a lot of other people because I'm so close. Yours is probably still on the way! :)

Edited by lnbee

I'm in Chicago, so I'm only about 3 hours away from Milwaukee. I'm sure I got my letter before a lot of other people because I'm so close. Yours is probably still on the way! :)

Was it sent to your permanent address or a temporary one? My permanent address is a suburb of Chicago and there was nothin today. I'm three hours south and hoping there's a miracle and they sent it to me at school. Sorry just going crazy here haha

Was it sent to your permanent address or a temporary one? My permanent address is a suburb of Chicago and there was nothin today. I'm three hours south and hoping there's a miracle and they sent it to me at school. Sorry just going crazy here haha

I actually graduated a year early, so I moved back home for the time being until I get into graduate school, so basically I only have one address right now (my permanent address)...but I would guess that they would send it to your temporary address, right? Since that's logically where you would be right now? Sorry I can't really help with your question.

Did anyone who has heard from Marquette apply to the BIES program as well? Pretty sure I am getting a rejection letter because I don't have the Next Step forms on checkmarq but looking for ANY reason to keep hoping haha It's crazy how starved I am for an acceptance, Marquette was just a random school I applied to but I just want a "You're In!" letter so bad!

I actually graduated a year early, so I moved back home for the time being until I get into graduate school, so basically I only have one address right now (my permanent address)...but I would guess that they would send it to your temporary address, right? Since that's logically where you would be right now? Sorry I can't really help with your question.

No, that's fine thanks for answering! And yeah you'd think they'd send it to my temporary address, but they sent a previous letter (how to log into checkmarq) to my home address instead of school address so I'm expecting that's where they'll send the final decision.

@jbw2815 I didn't apply to the BIES program.

And yeah to the person that just posted about UW-Madison... are the letters they're sending out just acceptance letters? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that haven't heard back yet so if we don't hear back is that an automatic rejection or waitlist? My online status still says pending

Sorry for bombarding you with Marquette questions, Inbee...but do you see the "next step forms" thing that we were talking about on your checkmarq account?

Also, I didn't apply for the BIES program. So maybe the difference does come from you applying for that jbw! Don't give up hope!

Edited by AudioEnvy

God bless whoever wrote on the results page that they got their letter at their temp address and not home address....... there is still hope today for the mail that arrives ridiculously late in this town

Good luck! I definitely didn't get mine today, because I saw the mail being delivered and then my box was empty when I checked. Buuut I live in Florida, so it makes sense.

@jbw2815 I didn't apply to the BIES program.

And yeah to the person that just posted about UW-Madison... are the letters they're sending out just acceptance letters? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that haven't heard back yet so if we don't hear back is that an automatic rejection or waitlist? My online status still says pending

They have definitely sent rejections, wait list, and acceptances. I was wait listed. I know people who were accepted. (And somebody on the stats board posted that they were rejected and the letter included a list of prerequisites that they were missing.) They seem to be sending them randomly, so I have no idea what that means. I heard around February 9th or 10th.