SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

i am going out of my mind. i just want to get into school sooooo baddddllyyyyyyyy. this website is causing me so much anxiety but i can't stop!!!!!

i know! i've been having sleepless nights for the last couple of days, just anticipating results.. and it sucks that none of the schools i've applied to have sent out decisions yet. and it's the end of another long week.. i can't believe i'm actually hoping that monday will come faster. waiting out this weekend is going to be miserable.

Edited by trina

People accepted to UVA... congrats! Did you get an email beforehand telling you to check the website? And which website was the decision on- the actual application page or the portal page? Thanks!

Apparently there is a link on the application page (below the link for recommenders). But when I click it it just tells me my application is complete. I think they may tell people in waves. I applied at the beginning of January (almost a month before it was due) but it took till mid/end of January for my transcripts to get there. I'm also in the middle of the alphabet. I keep trying to tell myself that I am already going to grad school but this whole waiting thing is pretty miserable. Le sigh. :unsure:

I was so hopeful UW would be responding today, based on their 4 week estimate and last year's timeline. I guess there's still some time in the day considering they're on PST, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. This is going to be another looooong weekend :/

I was so hopeful UW would be responding today, based on their 4 week estimate and last year's timeline. I guess there's still some time in the day considering they're on PST, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. This is going to be another looooong weekend :/

Maybe Monday?- either way I'm scared,anxious,and nervous....

if it makes you feel any better SLP-Allie and Casey11 I know the people that run the department at UW (did my post bacc there chose not to apply for a variety of boring reasons I won't get into) and they do truly make every effort to not have you wait too long. If I remember correctly people heard on a friday (around this time) of last year and not until the afternoon. It's only 3:30 here on the west coast so you may still hear. Best of luck! It is a wonderful program and the people that run it are truly brilliant.

Is there anyone on here applying to CA schools? I've applied to Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, Chapman, San Diego State, and Cal State Los Angeles.....

I am! I also applied to CSU Fullerton & Chapman! As well as SJSU and University of the Pacific.

I'm nervous about Chapman because I've heard other people talking about interviews and I haven't heard anything from them except that they'll be doing interviews "from now until April 15" so hopfully they are just spreading them out! Fingers crossed...

Is there anyone on here applying to CA schools? I've applied to Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, Chapman, San Diego State, and Cal State Los Angeles.....

I applied to SDSU. I wonder if we should be hearing soon...I think 2nd or 3rd week of March...Good luck! :)

I'm going a little nuts...remember the poster that said that University of Wisconsin-Madison was sending out their last 3 letters yesterday? (and one of them belonged to the poster) Well, I suppose if I don't have one of the 2 left in my mailbox tomorrow, we all know what that means :( Who else was waiting to hear from them? Has anyone else called them?

if it makes you feel any better SLP-Allie and Casey11 I know the people that run the department at UW (did my post bacc there chose not to apply for a variety of boring reasons I won't get into) and they do truly make every effort to not have you wait too long. If I remember correctly people heard on a friday (around this time) of last year and not until the afternoon. It's only 3:30 here on the west coast so you may still hear. Best of luck! It is a wonderful program and the people that run it are truly brilliant.

I went for a visit back in January and loved it! I see you applied to some programs in my neck of the woods lol. I know one person who has heard back from St. Johns,but no one has heard from Touro as of yet, I can keep you posted if you would like?

Thanks! I saw that one person got invited to an open house at St. Johns that I was not invited to so I am assuming I didn't make the cut. I am actually okay with that because I had bad experiences with them at an administrative level (short story- it took six weeks and two phone calls to confirm my application was complete, and I am still not all that convinced that they processed everything). I don't know anything about Touro though. I see you didn't apply there but obviously there are a lot of schools in the NY area. Do you know anything about Touro?

I'm going a little nuts...remember the poster that said that University of Wisconsin-Madison was sending out their last 3 letters yesterday? (and one of them belonged to the poster) Well, I suppose if I don't have one of the 2 left in my mailbox tomorrow, we all know what that means :( Who else was waiting to hear from them? Has anyone else called them?

The graduate secretary e-mailed me yesterday (after I emailed her weeks ago), and said she emailed the last of them Wednesday. I got mine today, unfortunately :(

The graduate secretary e-mailed me yesterday (after I emailed her weeks ago), and said she emailed the last of them Wednesday. I got mine today, unfortunately :(

E-mailed what? I thought they went out USPS? I haven't gotten anything-postal mail or email. What now?

Thanks! I saw that one person got invited to an open house at St. Johns that I was not invited to so I am assuming I didn't make the cut. I am actually okay with that because I had bad experiences with them at an administrative level (short story- it took six weeks and two phone calls to confirm my application was complete, and I am still not all that convinced that they processed everything). I don't know anything about Touro though. I see you didn't apply there but obviously there are a lot of schools in the NY area. Do you know anything about Touro?

To be honest I really don't know anything about Touro's program, I do know alot of people in my school applied their though mostly because of the location (it's not far from where they live).

E-mailed what? I thought they went out USPS? I haven't gotten anything-postal mail or email. What now?

Sorry, I meant I asked her a question via e-mail. I received my letter today in the mail. I'm in Madison though, so mine probably came quicker because of that.

Sorry, I meant I asked her a question via e-mail. I received my letter today in the mail. I'm in Madison though, so mine probably came quicker because of that.

Gotcha! Well, I'm thinking that tomorrow is the day. I'm keeping everything I can cross-crossed. And I think I'll have my husband do the same...it's just for one day ;) I'm sorry your news wasn't what you wanted.

i know! i've been having sleepless nights for the last couple of days, just anticipating results.. and it sucks that none of the schools i've applied to have sent out decisions yet. and it's the end of another long week.. i can't believe i'm actually hoping that monday will come faster. waiting out this weekend is going to be miserable.

Ughhhhhh well at least we all understand each other. My friends and family can't stand me right now they think I'm annoying and ridiculous. I sit around all day waiting for the Mail to come or to get an email. This was an awesome spring break!

I am! I also applied to CSU Fullerton & Chapman! As well as SJSU and University of the Pacific.

I'm nervous about Chapman because I've heard other people talking about interviews and I haven't heard anything from them except that they'll be doing interviews "from now until April 15" so hopfully they are just spreading them out! Fingers crossed...

I also applied to Chapman and haven't been invited to interview. I've kind of given up on them actually. I figured they would have interviewed me by now. Where did you hear that they are doing interviews through April?

I also heard they have been interviewing so I just figured I wasnt one of their choices. Where did you hear they were interviewing through April 15th? Does that mean we wont hear any decisions until after that date????

I am! We probably won't be hearing back from CSUs til waaaaaay later though. :(

Anyone who went to a chapman interview, did you also have to fill out writing prompts afterwards?

Yup. Mine was before my interview, they give you about 20 minutes to answer a very general prompt.

Congrats to those who are going to grad schools!!

This surely is going to become a roller coaster month isn't it?

Where did you guys get the information that UW will notify students after 4 weeks? I've been checking my Med SLP program and the status page indicated:

"Expected Decision Date: The program to which you applied expects to make their admissions decisions by mid March."

Apparently, every school is like: MID MARCH.

Congrats to those who are going to grad schools!!

This surely is going to become a roller coaster month isn't it?

Where did you guys get the information that UW will notify students after 4 weeks? I've been checking my Med SLP program and the status page indicated:

"Expected Decision Date: The program to which you applied expects to make their admissions decisions by mid March."

Apparently, every school is like: MID MARCH.

The supplemental website: http://content.sphsc.washington.edu/masters/zxlogin.asp

how did the Northwestern open house go? for those of you who attended.. any idea when they will be sending out decisions?

It went well... pretty informative. They did a tour and we were divided in small groups to go around and talk to different faculty for five or so minutes at a time. They said decisions should come out mid-March (like EVERY other school).... but based on their poor communication last year I'm not getting my hopes up. What I really wanna know is Purdue!! I thought for sure we'd hear from them by the end of this week, but it sounds like no one's found out anything yet.

Edited by trevs326