SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Apparently there is a link on the application page (below the link for recommenders). But when I click it it just tells me my application is complete. I think they may tell people in waves. I applied at the beginning of January (almost a month before it was due) but it took till mid/end of January for my transcripts to get there. I'm also in the middle of the alphabet. I keep trying to tell myself that I am already going to grad school but this whole waiting thing is pretty miserable. Le sigh. :unsure:

Okay whew I felt like an idiot because I could not find anything whatsoever on either sites. I submitted my app a few days before the deadline and am at the end of the alphabet.... hope they get back to everyone soon!

Edited by trevs326

Okay whew I felt like an idiot because I could not find anything whatsoever on either sites. I submitted my app a few days before the deadline and am at the end of the alphabet.... hope they get back to everyone soon!

Trevs326- I'm at the end of the alphabet too...I wonder if that has anything to do with why we haven't heard from Wisconsin-Madison?

I went for a visit back in January and loved it! I see you applied to some programs in my neck of the woods lol. I know one person who has heard back from St. Johns,but no one has heard from Touro as of yet, I can keep you posted if you would like?

Hey I got denied already :( I friend called and they told her they do it in three tiers. My GRE score was too low that I was on the bottom tier aka the automatic denial. good luck!

Hey I got denied already :( I friend called and they told her they do it in three tiers. My GRE score was too low that I was on the bottom tier aka the automatic denial. good luck!

When did you hear from St. Johns? And how? And if you don't mind me asking what are your stats (lots of questions i know)?

To anyone who is holding his/her breath waiting to hear back from Portland State, I just want to warn you that it's probably going to be awhile. I'm a post-bacc at PSU, and they just had a town hall meeting this week. I didn't attend, but I got the minutes as an email, and they indicated that admissions decisions will go out late March/early APRIL. Hogwash, if you ask me, but they're the ones pulling the strings, so I guess all we can do is wait...

Well, I just got my first notification and it's a rejection :( I went into this expecting plenty of rejection letters, but it's still frustrating.

Memphis was actually kind of high on my list, so...

Boo.

Memphis is one of my top choices too...I'm so nervous to find out now! I live in FL and it didn't come in the mail today...maybe Monday!

Has anyone not heard back from Indiana yet? I feel like everyone's heard but me...

Remmy, I just heard from Indiana on Friday. I was starting to feel like everyone had heard from IU but me as well. The letter was postmarked 2/29 and others began hearing from IU as early as 2/25 so I don't think all of the letters went out at the same time.

Has anyone not heard back from Indiana yet? I feel like everyone's heard but me...

Remmy, I just heard from Indiana on Friday. I was starting to feel like everyone had heard from IU but me as well. The letter was postmarked 2/29 and others began hearing from IU as early as 2/25 so I don't think all of the letters went out at the same time.

I haven't heard back either--I logged onto this site after bringing in yet another day's worth of junk mail. I live in Chicago and my last name is in the middle of the alphabet, so I can only guess that the delay has something to do with my application... I'm crossing my fingers for all of us!

I haven't heard back either--I logged onto this site after bringing in yet another day's worth of junk mail. I live in Chicago and my last name is in the middle of the alphabet, so I can only guess that the delay has something to do with my application... I'm crossing my fingers for all of us!

Hopefully we find out soon! (Though I'm glad I'm not the only one.) I have no idea what the delay could be, except that they may have sent them out in waves.

To anyone who is holding his/her breath waiting to hear back from Portland State, I just want to warn you that it's probably going to be awhile. I'm a post-bacc at PSU, and they just had a town hall meeting this week. I didn't attend, but I got the minutes as an email, and they indicated that admissions decisions will go out late March/early APRIL. Hogwash, if you ask me, but they're the ones pulling the strings, so I guess all we can do is wait...

Thanks for the heads up! Hogwash indeed - I have a feeling the CSUs are going to do the same to me.

Do you happen to know who PDX State tends to accept? Mostly from their undergrad program? Mostly in-state? I'm an out of state-r and I've heard they only accept a handful (like, five) of us.

Thanks for the heads up! Hogwash indeed - I have a feeling the CSUs are going to do the same to me.

Do you happen to know who PDX State tends to accept? Mostly from their undergrad program? Mostly in-state? I'm an out of state-r and I've heard they only accept a handful (like, five) of us.

speechly would be able to answer this better than I as she is a post bacc there but I do know that a good number of people from my UW-Seattle postbacc cohort were accepted at PDX state. They also had a very large entering class last year due to an influx of funding. So being from out of state might not hurt you too much.

But I have found that a lot of schools who have postbacc programs that do NOT lead directly into their masters program tend to give a lot of spots to those in the post pacc (at UW for my cohort year more post baccs were accepted than UW seniors). So it really all depends on the number of spots vs. where from/who is applying.

Good Luck!!

Remmy, did you call or email Kim Elkins to ask whether your application was complete? I live in Washington state (3 hours away from Seattle) and I got my letter on Tuesday.

Also, to all the Indiana University applicants, does someone know of anyone who got accepted with funding? So far it seems that everyone who got accepted was either accepted without funding or waitlisted for funding.

Does anyone know when were expected to hear back from university of oregon? And the question about who PSU accepts...I would like to know too. Portland is an ideal area to live in although I know very little about their program other than it's in the basement. I can't stand waiting until April to know where I am going to be next year. It's so stressful! Not to mention once we find out, finding housing and all that jazz....I am just glad I have this support system. I hope we all recieve good news soon! <3

Edited by hopeful1234

I also heard they have been interviewing so I just figured I wasnt one of their choices. Where did you hear they were interviewing through April 15th? Does that mean we wont hear any decisions until after that date????

Chapman told me they should have their decision by March 15th.

Remmy, did you call or email Kim Elkins to ask whether your application was complete? I live in Washington state (3 hours away from Seattle) and I got my letter on Tuesday.

Also, to all the Indiana University applicants, does someone know of anyone who got accepted with funding? So far it seems that everyone who got accepted was either accepted without funding or waitlisted for funding.

I e-mailed her on Thursday and she said it was mailed. I'm hoping that my letter is late cause they're putting together an assistantship. But that's just me dreaming. ; ) I don't know of anyone who's heard about funding yet.

I got an additional letter for a graduate assistantship along with my acceptance. The assistantship covers 30 credit hours of tuition (basically the first year) along with a stipend. In return, I'd have to work about 12 hours a week for the department. I'm not exactly sure if it entails TAing or working in a lab, but I'm pretty excited about the opportunity either way. I never really expected any funding when I began this process.

Changing the topic on schools but...does anyone know WHAT is going on with maryland? It seems like they had one phase of (seemingly all) acceptances and have pretty much stopped save for a few more acceptances. Anyone know when to anticipate responses? Congrats to all who have already received acceptances so far!

Changing the topic on schools but...does anyone know WHAT is going on with maryland? It seems like they had one phase of (seemingly all) acceptances and have pretty much stopped save for a few more acceptances. Anyone know when to anticipate responses? Congrats to all who have already received acceptances so far!

It seems like they sent out their first wave of acceptances and are now sending out more based on the response they got from those initial applicants. They asked us to respond within a short period of time, but offered extensions if we wanted to wait to hear about funding. Based on last year's dates, I think they send out official waitlist and rejection letters closer to mid-late March. I'm going on a visit next weekend so I might have a clearer picture after that and can keep you posted if you'd like?

I see you applied to LIU Brooklyn, I haven't heard back from them and I'm starting to worry. I know people who were accepted and rejected.