Schools that notify you when app is complete / Schools that don't

daiy

A few schools I applied to request DVD/CD portfolio instead of online portfolio, and I noticed that some of them do not really contact me regarding whether they have actually received everything in my application or not (e.g. Cornell). I don't know if anyone else also worries about the same thing. Also, has anyone checked their application status for columbia? I submitted my application in december but it still says "incomplete" because "slide room portfolio: not received". I called and emailed, wanting to ask if that's a tech problem or if they just haven't gone through updating everyone's app status yet, but no one answered. Any idea? huh.gif

I wouldn't stress out about it in that case. I tried calling Columbia about an issue that I was having with their online application. The first time I called I left a message and received no response. I wrote an email, and there was still radio silence, but when I called a second time a few days later, someone answered the phone and was very helpful. I'd try calling again. Even if they didn't receive the portfolio from Slideroom- which I find doubtful- you have proof that it was submitted prior to the deadline.

A few schools I applied to request DVD/CD portfolio instead of online portfolio, and I noticed that some of them do not really contact me regarding whether they have actually received everything in my application or not (e.g. Cornell). I don't know if anyone else also worries about the same thing. Also, has anyone checked their application status for columbia? I submitted my application in december but it still says "incomplete" because "slide room portfolio: not received". I called and emailed, wanting to ask if that's a tech problem or if they just haven't gone through updating everyone's app status yet, but no one answered. Any idea? huh.gif

just to let you know Cornell did send me an email letting me know what they haven't received yet.

I think you're good as long as you got the notification from Slideroom. It's possible that the general Columbia and the art school Slideroom portion just aren't on the same page. Side note: $10 upload fee? on top of a $100 app fee? can you say, "racket"?

I don't think they used slide room last year, so it will probably go much smoother this year. I don't even know why I applied to Columbia, that was a stupid choice.

I think you're good as long as you got the notification from Slideroom. It's possible that the general Columbia and the art school Slideroom portion just aren't on the same page. Side note: $10 upload fee? on top of a $100 app fee? can you say, "racket"?

Wheres the racket? Silderoom is a company...they charge a fee. Columbia University's app fee is a completely separate charge.