Rice

Lola80

I applied to Rice. I've been in touch with their medievalist/DGS and am very excited. They began reviewing apps on Friday and she called me this afternoon! Good luck!

Wow, well congratulations! I hope to hear something soon, perhaps I should just stop obsessing and see if anyone emails or calls...

Wow, well congratulations! I hope to hear something soon, perhaps I should just stop obsessing and see if anyone emails or calls...

Yeah, it's a little early. :) She did say they will be finalizing their short list of 8-10 applicants soon. Once that is done, they fly those lucky people down for a recruitment visit. I think they're looking to admit four fully-funded students but are waiting on approval from their Dean. Best of luck!

PS: what is your specialization?

Yeah, it's a little early. :) She did say they will be finalizing their short list of 8-10 applicants soon. Once that is done, they fly those lucky people down for a recruitment visit. I think they're looking to admit four fully-funded students but are waiting on approval from their Dean. Best of luck!

PS: what is your specialization?

I keep trying to tell myself that no news is good news. We shall see. I took a long break after my MA and not sure how that will affect my chances. I guess all I can do is the play the waiting game. By the way, my specialization is in modern European.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Melissa,

I received a letter today (postmarked 1/31) from Rice with an offer of admission. While I am on a "short wait list for funding", they are flying me down on 3/11 for recruitment weekend.

Cyriac, THANK YOU for offering your assistance! If I decide to attend Rice, I will be in touch! :)

I hope all is well and wish you both the best of luck!

Edited by BTFU2282

BTFU2282, congratulations on your admission! That is truly wonderful news.

Cyriac, thank you so much for your offer.

Alas, as I have not yet heard anything, I have no questions. Best of luck to everyone and the paths they choose :)