Waitlisted or Rejected?

eeo1

I got my first response from Clinical Psych programs today (UGA) and from the e-mail, I am not sure if I was waitlisted or rejected! So I asked some current graduate students and they had mixed opinions as well.

The letter goes something like this....

You have not been selected for an interview at this time...

Your application will remain active...

The chances of getting an interview are now low...

You will receive offical notification in the fall...

Thoughts????

Edited by eeo1

I got my first response from Clinical Psych programs today (UGA) and from the e-mail, I am not sure if I was waitlisted or rejected! So I asked some current graduate students and they had mixed opinions as well.

The letter goes something like this....

You have not been selected for an interview at this time...

Your application will remain active...

The chances of getting an interview are now low...

You will receive offical notification in the fall...

Thoughts????

Not sure if you are officially waitlisted, but sounds like you didn't make the initial round, but weren't thrown out of the pile yet. Hopefully some people will decline/bomb interviews and you will hear some good news. Good luck!

yea, they're probably holding on to your app till they feel they need some more students - for whatever reasons. although, you are definitely not rejected. but this is one out of how many? i am sure you'll find a place sooner than later. good luck!

I know the chances are very slim of me getting an interview, but a girl can dream right???!!! I applied to a few programs last year and got all rejections, so this seems like a move in the right direction.

I applied to 15 programs this year, so hopefully I will get at least one intervierw.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I got the same exact e-mail! I think it's just waitlisted. You never know what can happen during interviews. Good luck to you!

I know the chances are very slim of me getting an interview, but a girl can dream right???!!! I applied to a few programs last year and got all rejections, so this seems like a move in the right direction.

I applied to 15 programs this year, so hopefully I will get at least one intervierw.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!