Environmental Health, EHS - Fall 2011

fishpoo

Hi Everyone! Any Environmental Health folks out there?

I applied to Berkeley's MPH focus on environmental health, and the remainder of my applications are for public policy programs with environmental policy specialty tracks (see my signature below).

Just got word from Berkeley today that my "electronic application has been received." Not too exciting, but I am sadly: a desperate little girl.

Would love to hear from any sharing the pain of this wait!!

It's driving me crazy by not knowing anything but waiting....

Yes, but you're lucky you are an epi student - looked like they got their responses first last year! I wish Berkeley had a login area where we could continually check our status.

Meanwhile, this thread kept me entertained (for a while..) hehe. Good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have applied to almost 14 PhD...lost count after a while -12 EHS applications 1 Health Policy and 1 Public Policy.

So far accepted into

OSU- funding options pending

University of Georgia with funding

Interviewed and official transcript requested (applications only require unofficial transcripts) for Health Policy PhD at University of Toronto

Invited for open house by UIC for university housing...don't know what that means...anyone? I wish to go to UIC for my EHS PhD

Edited by dright

I applied to about 10 schools with environmental health programs. Just got my first acceptance (Emory!!) and my first rejection (Minnesota). I applied to Berkeley, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford to move there. I can't wait to get the rest of my letters so i can start making a decision!

I applied to about 10 schools with environmental health programs. Just got my first acceptance (Emory!!) and my first rejection (Minnesota). I applied to Berkeley, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford to move there. I can't wait to get the rest of my letters so i can start making a decision!

ooOoo, congrats on emory! Sorry about the rejection, but it sure feels good to at least know, ey? Good luck with Berkeley!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of applying to doc programs in this track (preferably DrPH) next season. Any suggestions, especially schools with good funding options:). So far so good on my stats, but no real enviro work experience.