Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

3 hours ago, Villa7 said:

Has anyone heard from Mcgill’s counselling program?

My potential PI said admissions committee hasn’t made decisions yet, but (at least some) profs have submitted their ranking for candidates. Grad students I’ve spoken to said they mostly were accepted in early March, idk how true that will be this time! 

47 minutes ago, CliPSYCH said:

Im also waiting to hear back from Uwindsor. And Western 😔

I think Western had their interviews earlier in the month 😢 Not sure if Windsor has had theirs yet tho! 

2 hours ago, Gradschool2022 said:

I think Western had their interviews earlier in the month 😢 Not sure if Windsor has had theirs yet tho! 

Is itclinical psych for Western? I'm waiting for SACP tho 🥺and clinical psych for Windsor. Last year, they had interviews around this time, not sure this year. 

Edited by CliPSYCH

28 minutes ago, CliPSYCH said:

Is itclinical psych for Western? I'm waiting for SACP tho 🥺and clinical psych for Windsor. Last year, they had interviews around this time, not sure about this year. 

Not sure about SACP for Western, just the Clinical program. Yeah fingers crossed we’ll hear back from Windsor soon 😩

Hi everyone!
It's very general quetsion... 

If you are accepted to several universities and have to decline the offers which you once acceepted, is it rude? 

Or it's nothing worry about since it may be very common?

If decline, you write a email to the professor who chose you too?🥲

Also, if decline, the future opportunity of PhD is low?

Hope someone help!

8 hours ago, Hails23 said:

Does Alberta School and Clinical Child Psyc interview, and or has anyone heard from them/interviewed?

From what I know they do not, last cycle they sent out acceptances on February 24. So it could be anytime now

On 2/20/2024 at 2:34 PM, clinicallypsych3d said:

Anyone hear from McMaster?

For the MSc in Psychotherapy, yes I received an email today saying I was recommended for admission and will be receiving a formal offer in the next week. Fingers crossed everything goes as planned and the offer comes through! 

11 minutes ago, briii said:

Anyone hear from TMU after visiting day?

Might I ask if you had one or two interviews with TMU? I had an interview with one PI and she said that there would be a second interview with the faculty. Was the visiting day email given out after the interview process?

59 minutes ago, CliPSYCH said:

Might I ask if you had one or two interviews with TMU? I had an interview with one PI and she said that there would be a second interview with the faculty. Was the visiting day email given out after the interview process?

I listed 2 PIs on my application and I interviewed with both individually. The second PI that interviewed me invited me to visiting day the morning before our meeting.

5 minutes ago, briii said:

I listed 2 PIs on my application and I interviewed with both individually. The second PI that interviewed me invited me to visiting day the morning before our meeting.

It's weird that my PI said we would have a 2nd interview with the school. Well, I didn't hear anything back since. This waiting process is killing me lol 

For TMU, I was told the second interview is only for students applying to Clinical Psych but whose supervisor is in Psych Science. So the second interview is considered a "clinical" interview. For anyone whose supervisor is in Clinical Psych then you only have the 1 interview with your supervisor. Hope that helps!

Edited by ClinicalNeuroPsych
clarification

3 minutes ago, ClinicalNeuroPsych said:

For TMU, I was told the second interview is only for students applying to Clinical Psych but whose supervisor is in Psych Science. So the second interview is considered a "clinical" interview. For anyone whose supervisor is in Clinical Psych then you only have the 1 interview with your supervisor. Hope that helps!

That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification!!