Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

2 hours ago, psychnerd101 said:

Also got waitlisted, not sure about the chances of getting in at this point but goodluck to the both of us! 

Good luck! Hoping for the best for us both!

On 2/28/2024 at 6:20 PM, ottgirl said:

Does anyone know when we’re supposed to hear back for the english stream for uOttawa Counselling?

My friend was waitlisted a week or so ago, so I think they already sent out acceptances/waitlist

@Bellabug

Would you mind telling me if your Under Review portal also says "Offer Response Due Date: April 15, 2024"? Mine still says Under Review but I haven't gotten a no or a waitlist yet and am wondering if that's something that's on everyone's portal! :)

1 hour ago, gradhope1234 said:

@Bellabug

Would you mind telling me if your Under Review portal also says "Offer Response Due Date: April 15, 2024"? Mine still says Under Review but I haven't gotten a no or a waitlist yet and am wondering if that's something that's on everyone's portal! :)

Mine only says "under review" so I'm not sure!

2 hours ago, gradhope1234 said:

@Bellabug

mine also still says "under review" and I have also not gotten a no or waitlist, so they are probably just still working through getting back to all the applicants. :)

Forgot to say I was waitlisted for uOttawa a few days ago in the English stream...

Does anyone know what the odds are of getting off the waitlist? I feel so defeated, but I am thinking I should just take it as a rejection.

18 minutes ago, manipulateor said:

I see people have heard back from U Calgary for the MSc in Counselling Psychology. I haven't received an update yet. No change on the portal. Is it recommended to reach out to the program at this point?

I haven’t heard back either. When I interviewed in January, I was told to expect to hear back sometime in March so I’d give it some more time. 

1 minute ago, scoobs78 said:

I haven’t heard back either. When I interviewed in January, I was told to expect to hear back sometime in March so I’d give it some more time. 

Ah, I was told to expect a reply by mid-February. It's just that my deadline to accept offers for other programs is super soon. This delay makes it very hard to make an informed decision. 

7 minutes ago, manipulateor said:

Ah, I was told to expect a reply by mid-February. It's just that my deadline to accept offers for other programs is super soon. This delay makes it very hard to make an informed decision. 

If you have other offers, you have a valid reason to ask them about their timeline! I say go for it. it shouldn’t hurt to ask and let us know what they say:)

I got a waitlist from U Alberta (courses based) and says "under review"

I also applied Thesis based in UA and still I don't get a result and it says "under review"...

Does someone get a UA Thesis based result?? or are they still reviewing all of them?

On 2/29/2024 at 5:16 PM, mads1967 said:

got rejected from u of a and u of c. i wish you both so so so much luck!!! & be proud of yourselves even just for being waitlisted, in past cohorts i know there are people who were waitlisted and got in!!! it could be you!

just curious...when did you find out from ualberta?

15 hours ago, rooby said:

just curious...when did you find out from ualberta?

i saw that people had posted early on thursday about getting waitlist/offers, saw nothing for the rest of the day until around 6:30 when they emailed me telling me to check my portal, and it was updated with the rejection there

On 3/1/2024 at 9:47 PM, counsellingapple said:

I also applied Thesis based in UA and still I don't get a result and it says "under review"...

Does someone get a UA Thesis based result?? or are they still reviewing all of them?

for the SCCP program, interviews have begun to go out

On 3/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, counsellingapple said:

I got waitlisted for thesis-based and course-based on the same day (Feb 29) 

30 minutes ago, psychnerd101 said:

wow!...a lot of waitlist for UofA so far!...besides getting an unofficial email from a PI, has anyone gotten an official acceptance email yet?? I'm still waiting for an email for either stream, so I'm preparing for the worst, expecting the best, and hoping to hear something tomorrow. 🤞

Has anyone heard from McMaster or uWaterloo? My Quest account for waterloo still says "no decision has yet been made by the academic department". Also for anyone waitlisted for uOttawa English stream, 5 people were offered admission from the waitlist last year so there's still some hope! 

22 hours ago, psychnerd101 said:

oh wow, that's super good! Glad for you :) So it means I'm not chosen by Thesis but only course based I guess.. thank you for letting me know! 

20 minutes ago, manipulateor said:

Has anyone heard back from SFU's Counselling Psyc program?

I'm waitign for it too. From the past thred, it sounds like they got the shortlisted email to the interview (and video) around Mar 27... I hope we get it early though!

did anyone else get notified they were on calgary's waitlist BY ACCIDENT? They sent me an email today being like "you're on the waitlist" and then 5 minutes later they said to "disregard" the email ... lol