Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

12 hours ago, counsellingapple said:

I did an interview but not heard yet... Expcting it tomorrow by seeing the last year thred... But profs said it takes 2 to 3 weeks... means next week or in the end of the month... I'm so nervous :( 

I felt like my interview went terribly because of how nervous I was. I also felt like they asked questions I wasn't expecting at all. Good luck!

3 hours ago, ark1009 said:

I felt like my interview went terribly because of how nervous I was. I also felt like they asked questions I wasn't expecting at all. Good luck!

Same, same here... 1 of interviewer asked me so lenghty questions and I misled it because I was too newvous. Good luck to each other!

1 hour ago, vl5050 said:

Anyone have any updates for McGill? Besides the earlier post about unofficial waitlist I haven't heard anyone get an answer which feels much later than normal for them. 

Same, I haven’t heard anything either. I’ve talked to another person who applied and they haven’t heard anything either.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:58 PM, counsellingapple said:

Got shortlisterd to SFU interview (and Mock Counselling Video)!

So nervous... 

Congrats! Even I have been shortlisted for the SFU Interview and the Mock Counselling Video. Would you have an pre tips that you could PM me.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:44 PM, SHAs said:

Congrats! Even I have been shortlisted for the SFU Interview and the Mock Counselling Video. Would you have an pre tips that you could PM me.

Thank you, and congraturation for you too!

I wish I have some tips.... indeed I'm desperate to have some tips too! lol

Let's try our best... I guess the best is try being yourself. Wish both of us the best and hopefully meeting you in the future class!

On 2/28/2024 at 6:00 PM, autogenerated said:

Someone in my lab did too! (For the French stream) Has anyone else got their offer from UOttawa? (And should I assume mine is a rejection if I didn't? 😅)

i got an email for waitlist on the same day

The admissions office at U of T said that for the MEd Counselling program, "it can generally take about 6 to 12 weeks minimum for applications to process, and decisions can be sent out up until the program start date".

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Has anyone gotten rejected or waitlisted for interview by SFU yet? I see multiple people have received invite for interview which will take place this Friday. 

SFU admin replied my email saying my application result is pending. At this point I don't know what to expect. Should I do some preliminary prep for interview, or consider it a soft rejection? 

I was rejected by UBC MEd on Mar 1. 

8 hours ago, NormalSchizoid said:

Has anyone gotten rejected or waitlisted for interview by SFU yet? I see multiple people have received invite for interview which will take place this Friday. 

SFU admin replied my email saying my application result is pending. At this point I don't know what to expect. Should I do some preliminary prep for interview, or consider it a soft rejection? 

I'm still waiting for their decision... nothing updated :(

On 3/21/2024 at 7:09 PM, NormalSchizoid said:

I am not particularly sure. But last time when I did not get in and got in contact and got a vague reply I considered it as a soft reject. 

I read on another post the program coordinator said they would start sending out results at the beginning of April.  Such an agonizing long wait!

It's so painfully frustrating how long these schools take to give results. US Schools seem much more on top of admission results and I can't think of one reason why Canadian schools always send such late responses.

On 3/24/2024 at 6:18 PM, groooooooovy said:

It's so painfully frustrating how long these schools take to give results. US Schools seem much more on top of admission results and I can't think of one reason why Canadian schools always send such late responses.

I agree! It's a pretty brutal and inefficient process. Where is our application fee going when all of this moves so slowly and no one is communicating with us?! It especially irks me when I know that one of the schools I applied to sent out all their offers almost 2 months ago, yet they have not sent out rejections.