Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

On 1/10/2024 at 1:48 AM, groooooooovy said:

Anyone here apply to UManitoba's MEd Counselling Psychology stream?

I have applied for the course-based route to UManitoba.

No communication yet. Should hear back by Feb I guess...This process is a lot to take in.

5 minutes ago, Shaksh said:

No communication yet. Should hear back by Feb I guess...This process is a lot to take in.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for the both of us to get in. We got this!

19 hours ago, skowall said:

Received an interview for TMU. Feel free to message if anyone wants the PI's initials. 

Just wanted to confirm, is this an informal interview with a PI or an invite to the formal interview day?

36 minutes ago, briii said:

Just wanted to confirm, is this an informal interview with a PI or an invite to the formal interview day?

It was a formal invite :)

On 1/15/2024 at 10:28 PM, groooooooovy said:

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for the both of us to get in. We got this!

Same here :)

1 hour ago, DeerInTheLights said:

Got waitlisted for an interview for the psychotherapy masters at McMaster U today 😭 better luck to those of you who applied 

I too got waitlisted for MSc Psychotherapy at McMaster U interview...

On 12/13/2023 at 12:22 PM, groooooooovy said:

Has anyone heard from Lethbridge? MEd Counselling Psych or MC?

I had received an interview from Lethbridge for the MEd Counselling Psych around the end of December

2 hours ago, flowergirl12 said:

This week, I got an interview at York in the Clinical Developmental stream

Would you be willing to share the PI’s initials? I’m hoping for an interview in the clinical development program at York 🤞🏻

21 hours ago, maddyyy said:

Has anyone heard anything from the SCCP program at OISE yet? I’ve heard that they’re typically a little later but idk if that’s true 

I interviewed for this program last week and know someone else who applied for the program (diff PI) that did as well! I think interviews are very PI dependent. 

2 hours ago, clinicalpsychhopefully said:

Hi all!

Has anyone heard from UofT Scarborough Clinical or TMU Clinical? If so, if you would be open to PM'ing me the PI's initials I'd greatly appreciate it :) 

Also, any general advice on when to give up hope for an interview offer would be awesome! 

Best of luck to everyone.

Hey! I applied to both those schools as well and haven't heard anything. I did hear that both the PIs I applied to at UTSC (MB and AU) have invited people for interviews already and I didn't receieve one. *Sometimes* profs interview in more than one round, but I'm not banking on it for UTSC. I have heard of a few people getting interviews at TMU already and were contacted by PIs directly. Schools are still rolling out interviews so don't give up hope yet!!

On 1/21/2024 at 12:51 PM, Hails23 said:

I interviewed for this program last week and know someone else who applied for the program (diff PI) that did as well! I think interviews are very PI dependent. 

Congrats on getting an interview! Would you be comfortable sharing/pm’ing me the initials of the PIs you and your friend interviewed with?

Edited by Schoolpsyc