Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Would love to hear anyone's feedback who has attended one of these programs or made similar comparisons.

I'm looking for a online masters program in the International Relations (or closely related) field.  Part time as I have a full time job.  I have about a decade of work experience in the field, my main goals are these:

 

* Not concerned with entry into the field as I already work there.  Looking for something that may help me promote as well as keep me competitive once I retire.  Because of that, I would definitely favor a program that has a higher average student age.

* School with good name recognition and a solid graduate network for future employment networking.

* Able to offer some scholarships.  Fortunately my employer will pay the bulk of tuition but these programs are all a little above what they'll cover.

 

These are the programs I am eyeing:

* George Washington University - International Policy and Practice

* Johns Hopkins University - Global Security Studies

* American University - International Service

* Georgetown University - Applied Intelligence


There were a couple others I was initially looking at but discounted due to either price or name recognition but would be open to re-visiting if someone had positive feedback:  Tufts/George Mason/Northeastern

Many thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use