How many runs they have....

tensors

Have not got any response from any schools yet - waiting is so painful.....saw MIT DMSE had sent out their admissions??

BS: GPA 3.5/4, two first author papers in POLYMER, 1 co-author paper in JAPS

MS: GPA 4/4, one first author paper, one co-author paper in Biomacromolecues -

current research assistant at Harvard/MIT - one co-author paper submitted to Nature Methods - two pending work (one just sent our to PNAS)

GRE: V600+Q790+AW3 :(((((

two strong letter from Harvard prof and my MS advisor -

App to: MIT, Northwestern, Upenn, harvard, Berkeley, Caltech - i knew it was riskyyyyy...sigh

i also applied to MIT DMSE and freaked out when i saw they have started to inform applicants of the outcomes..

i've heard from 2 schools in the past week, rejected by UIUC but got a positive response from Berkeley..

my stats are very similar to yours..

BS: GPA 3.7/4.0, 2 first authors papers is australian journal of chemistry and soft matter.

MS: research-based, 1 co-authored paper in Langmuir and submitted 2 more to langmuir and soft matter, respectively.

GRE: V590, Q790, AW3.5

from your stats, you seemed to have good reason for applying to those schools.. is UPenn your backup?

i'm sure you'll at least get into northwestern.. i contacted 2 Northwestern professors and they really liked that i have some publications too.. perhaps you've been let down a little by your AW.

Have not got any response from any schools yet - waiting is so painful.....saw MIT DMSE had sent out their admissions??

BS: GPA 3.5/4, two first author papers in POLYMER, 1 co-author paper in JAPS

MS: GPA 4/4, one first author paper, one co-author paper in Biomacromolecues -

current research assistant at Harvard/MIT - one co-author paper submitted to Nature Methods - two pending work (one just sent our to PNAS)

GRE: V600+Q790+AW3 :(((((

two strong letter from Harvard prof and my MS advisor -

App to: MIT, Northwestern, Upenn, harvard, Berkeley, Caltech - i knew it was riskyyyyy...sigh

Thanks a lot for your reply!!! - it seems we are in the same area - soft matter/colloids science - my undergraduate school is not world-renowned university - so that may also let down my apps - anyway - the schools I shot are all great programs - feel very intense these days actually...any good profs in Berkeley are big shots in Soft condensed matter? -

Good luck on our apps......

Berkeley takes a very chemical approach to soft matter -- they have world-class facilities (molecular foundry, LBNL and ALS) and a great chemistry department.. the guy i want to work for at Berkeley is Alivisatos, he does alot of work on quantum dots and nanocrystals..

you have an advantage in that you're already conducting research at Harvard and churning out papers...

i think publications are way more important than scores. having a publication (not to mention you have a handful) tells an adcomm that you have real research experience and able to work in a team to produce an academic article whereas good score just means you're good at sitting exams..

personally, i feel that we stand a good chance.. ~Fighting!~