Feel so bad

zxx117

Just want to say something.

I am feeling so bad about the endless waiting now.

It has been several weeks that I checked email every hour.

Result of mathematics is always coming late.

When I searched results of previous applications, seeing rejections to so many outstanding peers, it's really hard to say that I am more qualified to have an offer this year.

International, no funding, small math department...Sigh~

Don't give up hope yet. It's still early and yes, the wait is excruciating but soon we'll know. Hope you get in with funding!

Edited by newms

Thank you so much. I feel better.

I am a student having education in Hong Kong.

The truth is people here are mostly interested in seeking for jobs in banks, etc instead of research or graduate study.

Actually, I am the only person applying to math programs this year at my school.

And statistically, any previous records of grad admission dun't make any sense. Just too few.

Fortunately, I have support of some professors in UC where I had exchange half a year ago, and that gives me the hope.

I know there is not much I can do now but for waiting. However, I will keep on making efforts for the funding and of course do my best for the final year project.

Good luch to you and whoever is waiting for admission results here!

Don't give up hope yet. It's still early and yes, the wait is excruciating but soon we'll know. Hope you get in with funding!