MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

On 5/9/2024 at 8:56 PM, SWKE24 said:

Hopefully soon. I called Student Services and they said UBCO sends out most decisions beginning to the middle of May. Good luck!

Have you heard anything yet? 

1 hour ago, SWKE24 said:

still nothing sadly. Im not sure if they do it alphabetically but my last name is Z. 

That’s so annoying. I emailed them and they said we’d know by the 15th 🥲

41 minutes ago, EaglesFan123 said:

Anyone heard back in LORiS regarding the part-time advanced standing for Laurier? Seems awfully late and still nothing on my end.

Generally, it’s not until the end of May. Last year, they were delayed and we didn’t hear back until mid-June. 

On 5/23/2024 at 5:27 PM, Msw2024Advanced said:

I got accepted into WLU MSW advanced standing online part-time program! I heard today via email! Deciding between WLU and UWin not sure yet!

Congratulations! I have heard nothing. I am wondering if they are going alphabetical? Do you mind sharing what your last name starts with?

On 5/21/2024 at 6:43 AM, EaglesFan123 said:

Anyone heard back in LORiS regarding the part-time advanced standing for Laurier? Seems awfully late and still nothing on my end.

Have you heard anything yet? I believe someone else has received their acceptance.

On 5/23/2024 at 8:27 PM, Msw2024Advanced said:

I got accepted into WLU MSW advanced standing online part-time program! I heard today via email! Deciding between WLU and UWin not sure yet!

Congratssss!!!!! I am happy for you. This is a great news for all of others, including me, who is awaiting to hear back - we are going to get decision soon :)

On 5/26/2024 at 1:54 AM, DLO12 said:

Congratulations! I have heard nothing. I am wondering if they are going alphabetical? Do you mind sharing what your last name starts with?

My last name starts with T!!! Thanks so much and good luck to you as well! 😊

I just received an email from Laurier that I am waitlisted. My last name is M. I'm surprised I even got waitlisted due to the length of experience most have mentioned (I'm 1 year in the field). Lots of lived experience though, as I am a mature student. I accepted the waitlist offer. The waitlist extends to August 26th. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesFan123 said:

I just received an email from Laurier that I am waitlisted. My last name is M. I'm surprised I even got waitlisted due to the length of experience most have mentioned (I'm 1 year in the field). Lots of lived experience though, as I am a mature student. I accepted the waitlist offer. The waitlist extends to August 26th. 

CONGRATS!!!

Advanced standing or non-BSW?

6 minutes ago, JoyNina13 said:

CONGRATS!!!

Advanced standing or non-BSW?

Thank you! Advance standing part-time. I also was waitlisted with UofT. I accepted an offer with York for part-time advanced standing MSW, so most likely that will be the path it take it seems. 

49 minutes ago, EaglesFan123 said:

We must have been notified at the same time. I was waitlisted as well. I accepted another offer well over a month ago so I am going to continue in that direction. I hope others that have been waitlisted move off quickly and get accepted :)

6 hours ago, bchoi00 said:

Congratssss!!!!! I am happy for you. This is a great news for all of others, including me, who is awaiting to hear back - we are going to get decision soon :)

Thanks so much! Good luck to you as well! I’m pretty sure you will hear back soon 😊

Waitlisted for WLU part time advanced standing online. Does anyone know how the waitlist is managed is it ranked? Has a spot ever opened up for anyone in previous years on here? 

On 5/27/2024 at 8:20 AM, bchoi00 said:

Have you heard back?

2 hours ago, lui1234 said:

Hey Everyone!

There is movement on the waitlist, I just got an offer for the advanced standing FT program at uoft for the human services management and leadership stream.

CONGRATS!!!!

I got into the BSW program at McGill, so if I don't get an offer from Carleton in the end, this will be my backup :)

For students in the part-time online (regular track) MSW program at Wilfrid Laurier University, fall ‘24 - I’ve created a FB group.

Search: Laurier MSW Fall 2024, Part-Time Online