Podcast on writing religion PhD apps

dougy

Howdy all. Here's a podcast that you might find helpful. It's from the religion department at Baylor University, where I'm currently a PhD student. It gives insight into the application process, tips for writing strong applications, and tricks for getting through the process. Hopefully it's helpful!

Also, for whatever this is worth: When I was in the application cycle, this website was both a gift and a curse. If I had to do it again, I'd stay off of this website as much as possible (especially if you're looking for information on how to write applications to particular schools). Instead of lingering here, I'd reach out to my faculty of interest. If they confirmed an interest in working with me, I'd ask them (among other things) if they might provide contact details for a few current students. These students will give you a sense of the culture of the program, but may also be willing to share their application materials or at least some guidance.

All the best to those of you applying this year.