Fall 2024- Ph. D in Anthropology

Augustborn

Hello guys

I am sure a lot of us have already submitted or are in the process of submitting our grad school applications for the upcoming 2024 intake. As we all hopefully (rather nervously ) wait for our decisions (the good, the bad, and the ugly), I thought of creating this thread dedicated to all Ph.D. applicants to sail this together. We could (obviously) use this thread to update our interviews/results and keep an open conversation to answer our immediate queries from our collective knowledge and experiences. I have applied to 7 programs, Stanford, UPenn, UMich, Brown, Yale, Princeton, and Pittsburgh. I would love to learn about your application choices too. 

Meanwhile, good luck and hang in there! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 11:01 AM, chompsky said:

Hey! I've applied to Uni of Washington, Johns Hopkins, Indiana University Bloomington, UC Davis, and MIT. Haven't heard back from anyone about interviews yet, though it might be early in the season 🤧

That's right! But this wait is not helping haha. I wish you the best for your offers. Was it the HASTS program at MIT that you applied?

51 minutes ago, Mooshie said:

Hello! Good luck to everyone !! I applied to UCLA, UCSD and Stanford. This is my first cycle and I have no idea what to expect, hoping for the best though! (I'm thinking it will be 3ish weeks before hearing back from any of these unis)

Good luck to you too! This is my first cycle too. Finger crossed!

11 hours ago, Augustborn said:

Hey!

Not yet. The only school that may require an interview on my list is Stanford. They had tentatively quoted the last week of Jan for potential interviews. 

How about you? Any interviews yet? 

19 hours ago, Augustborn said:

That's right! But this wait is not helping haha. I wish you the best for your offers. Was it the HASTS program at MIT that you applied?

Yup, HASTS! Best of luck to you too :)

On 1/18/2024 at 11:07 AM, Augustborn said:

Hey!

Not yet. The only school that may require an interview on my list is Stanford. They had tentatively quoted the last week of Jan for potential interviews. 

Stanford interviews are supposed to be last week of Jan? On their website it says that invites to interviews happen early Feb with the actual interviews happening in mid Feb

• 2 weeks later...