2024 MSW Apps (U.S Programs)

On 1/3/2024 at 12:52 PM, BeccaFL said:

Is anyone else obsessively checking their portals and emails even though you know it's too soon? 😬

Congrats on Tulane! Yes I am checking email and the school's social media constantly.

On 1/15/2024 at 3:11 AM, asor_irak said:

Thanks! It’s one of my top choices waiting to hear back from other schools 

Congratulations! Then you will be in my boat about which school to choose...I cannot decide. I was accepted to Ohio State University on Wednesday, which was my top pick until Tulane gave me such a great scholarship. 

17 minutes ago, BeccaFL said:

Congratulations! Then you will be in my boat about which school to choose...I cannot decide. I was accepted to Ohio State University on Wednesday, which was my top pick until Tulane gave me such a great scholarship. 

Congratulations! That’s a great news! Have you considered appealing your financial aid at Ohio State? 

16 minutes ago, asor_irak said:

Congratulations! That’s a great news! Have you considered appealing your financial aid at Ohio State? 

Thank you! How would I go about doing that? Ohio wants students to fill out applications for individual scholarships. I was spoiled with Tulane putting my scholarship in my acceptance letter, and I assumed other schools would do the same. 

Edited by BeccaFL
misspelling

On 1/19/2024 at 7:59 AM, BeccaFL said:

Thank you! How would I go about doing that? Ohio wants students to fill out applications for individual scholarships. I was spoiled with Tulane putting my scholarship in my acceptance letter, and I assumed other schools would do the same. 

I am not entirely sure but I would possibly discuss this with the admissions team at Ohio and see if they're willing to advise you on this. I spoke to a representative from Columbia at a grad school fair who encouraged me to appeal if the offers I got were not what I was hoping for but I wasn't given specific instructions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck everyone! The waiting is so hard.

I got an acceptance from UNC-CH in mid-January and I was surprised to hear back that soon. They haven't sent me any other info yet about funding/aid.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:30 PM, mariabp said:

Good luck everyone! The waiting is so hard.

I got an acceptance from UNC-CH in mid-January and I was surprised to hear back that soon. They haven't sent me any other info yet about funding/aid.

Congrats!! I also applied to UNC! When did you submit your application? 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:38 PM, mp24 said:

Congrats!! I also applied to UNC! When did you submit your application? 

Sorry for my late reply! I applied mid-December (not sure exact date but I think right around Dec 15) and heard back Jan 16!