Results 2024

speareshake

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, butler0 said:

Is there a spreadsheet where people are putting their results?

There's the spreadsheet by MtnDuck with estimated dates for admission notifications. But then there's also the results page here on The Grad Cafe.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had all rejections so far (5 total), no waitlists. I'm waiting for 8 more Ph.D. programs and one terminal MA. Fingers crossed still, but I certainly have already started the process of re-considering my approach for next cycle, whether that is thinking of ways to improve my writing sample, or simply applying to programs that are not on any rankings yet have faculty there whose interests appeal to me. 

I've had two waitlists and four rejections so far. Still waiting to hear from seven programs, although five of those have already released some decisions based on results page.

I know it's still February... is it typical for these programs to have multiple rounds of decision releases, or should I just consider myself unofficially rejected?

6 hours ago, 44agoras said:

I've had two waitlists and four rejections so far. Still waiting to hear from seven programs, although five of those have already released some decisions based on results page.

I know it's still February... is it typical for these programs to have multiple rounds of decision releases, or should I just consider myself unofficially rejected?

From what I have heard, there are usually rounds of acceptances if many students are expected to decline their offers. Then, they move to the next batch and so on until they fill the 5-7 seats they have available by the April 15th deadline. Some schools will have an internal waitlist where they won't notify you that you are on it. Other programs may have an official waitlist, which means they would notify you about it. Some programs might reject you, but not update your status or notify you until the deadline or after. It seems like there's no way of knowing whether you are on an internal waitlist as a "back-up," or if your application was thrown into the rejection pile. You can always solicit and see if you can gather any information...

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunate enough to be admitted to UT Austin as an international applicant. Good luck to all of you.

But I heard and noticed in the offer letter that Austin really have some funding issues. Does anyone know about the issue or how one can manage to deal with that? I've been in touch with some grads there, but they don't seem so responsive...