2024 Russian, Eurasian and East European Studies MA

Hi everyone!

I haven't seen a thread devoted to this topic for this application cycle. Since it is somewhat niche, I thought this might be the best place to get in touch with other applicants.

So far I've applied to:

- Indiana

- Yale

- Chicago (MAPH, two year language option)

- George Washington University (Elliott School of International Affairs)

- Columbia University

Will apply to:

- Georgetown (MA in Russian/Eurasian studies, also applying to computational linguistics MA)

- NYU

Would love to hear from anyone else applying. Columbia is probably my top choice. I am currently doing an AmeriCorps gap year before grad school, btw.

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, joenotexotic said:

Did anyone get an interview invite from Harriman or Toronto? Have a nice day :)

Nothing from Harriman, yet. We are in a bleak period of the cycle. According to forum posts from 2018 they seem to interview soon before decisions are released in early March

13 minutes ago, Lavinia said:

Someone posted REECA acceptance on Gradcafe. Seems like we should be hearing back today/tomorrow

I just saw that - does Harvard send these on a rolling basis?

Hi everyone. I got accepted to both schools I mentioned earlier EURUS (Carleton Uni, Canada) with some funding and REECAS of University of Washington (no mention of funding). I’m just searching the forum and it seems to be pretty normal that US schools not offering funding for MA area studies programs??

23 minutes ago, Amazona said:

Hi everyone. I got accepted to both schools I mentioned earlier EURUS (Carleton Uni, Canada) with some funding and REECAS of University of Washington (no mention of funding). I’m just searching the forum and it seems to be pretty normal that US schools not offering funding for MA area studies programs??

Unfortunate, but yes that is common

27 minutes ago, Kordel1 said:

Hey, have someone received results from Georgetown? maybe someone knows where to expect them? 

They're coming out March 7 or 8. The admissions director emailed).

2 minutes ago, blunderbuss said:

They're coming out March 7 or 8. The admissions director emailed).

thank you very much for the information) this year a bit later. I read that last year they released their results on March 3rd, it was Monday