2024 Applications: Cinema and Media Studies

Carmy

Hello everyone! Thought I would create a forum for Cinema and Media Studies applicants to try and connect us all together. My work mostly revolves around media industries and national cinema so I've applied to a bunch of programs that I thought would be a great fit (USC, UCLA, UT-Austin, UWashington, etc.) I know that some anxieties may be high as we wait for interview requests and responses, so wishing you all the best of luck!

Looking forward to connecting with you all

Hi, Carmy. Thanks for getting the thread started. I applied to the program at U.W., and my research deals with voice as an embodied political aesthetic in the twentieth-century cinema of a particular country. Good luck to you!

5 hours ago, paperproducer said:

Thank you Carmy for creating this thread! I'm also an applicant for a bunch of CMS programs, and I'm not sure if they have started their interview processes like other departments. Good luck to us all!

From past applicants, it seems likely that interview requests will start going out this week. As people submit their results, we'll get a clearer picture of which programs began responding. Hopefully we all start hearing some good news soon!

1 hour ago, paperproducer said:

Just had an interview with UC Santa Barbara Film & Media department!

Congratulations! I did as well. Looks like we're so close to hearing decisions flow out soon :)

Applied there as well! Wondering the same thing --

12 hours ago, paperproducer said:

Anyone else applying to the new CIMS program at UPenn? Not sure when the results will be out, or if they conduct interviews or not

Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone has received interview invitation from UW Seattle ( because i assume they may have sent the invitations out but i did not receive any emails from the program

3 hours ago, YadonKai said:

Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone has received interview invitation from UW Seattle ( because i assume they may have sent the invitations out but i did not receive any emails from the program

Hi! I also applied to the film program at UW, but I still haven't received anything either. It's quite unusual as last year the results came out mid-February. I guess the application pool this year might be more competitive (if anyone has already heard from them then forget about what I said 🤣).

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, paranoidimpulse said:

i was waitlisted at UT austin's rtvf program on march 1.

Congrats! Did you post your waitlisted status on the result page? I am wondering whether they have a long waitlist or a short one.