Theatre and Performance Studies 2024 Cycle

markish17

Hi everyone! This is my second round of PhD applications for Theatre and Performance Studies (first was in 2022.) Wondering if there's anyone out there lurking too, and started getting some good news this week! I will be interviewing on zoom with the faculty at Tufts tomorrow (1/26) and this morning I received my first acceptance from the Ohio State University! 

Happy to commiserate, communicate, or even collaborate with folks on this track with me! Let's chat. 

I literally JUST submitted my app for MA/PhD Theatre and Performance Studies at UBuffalo!! I've been stopping and starting my apps since 2021 and this is the first time I've actually finished applying. Screaming, crying, throwing up, obsessively checking my email, etc

Hello! I also received an acceptance at Ohio State's PhD on Thursday (congrats!) I also applied to Tufts, Northwestern IPTD, and Cornell Performing and Media Arts. Haven't heard from any of the others yet. I'm assuming it's a no-go for Tufts for me if interview requests have already gone out. Has anyone heard from any of those schools? 

I applied to TAPS programs and to English programs. For Theatre, I applied to Columbia and Tufts. I just got an interview invite for Columbia which is very cool. But I haven't heard back from any other program, including Tufts. So I'm kind of worried that Columbia is my only hope.

I should mention I'm also waiting to hear back from University of Maryland, College Park and University of Pittsburgh! Those apps both went in mid-January so I think it could definitely be a bit longer wait, but the wait is still killing me 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have been lurking as I was too nervous to post and the waiting was making my thoughts all wonky--

Found out today I have been accepted to CUNY Theatre & Performance PhD. I am sobbing with relief, gratitude and excitement. There wasn't an email to check the portal, I just checked the portal as I have been doing obsessively.

How is everyone doing?

Received an invitation for a 15-minute interview with the faculty at the University of Maryland College Park today! Quick turnaround, interviews being scheduled for tomorrow and Friday. Hope everyone's holding up as we near the finish line! 😀 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Received an acceptance with funding pending from the University of Maryland this week, and will be attending their accepted students events and graduate symposium next Friday! If anyone else will be there, let me know! Anyone hear anything from University of Pittsburgh?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all.

Thank you @markish17 for creating this topic, and congratulations on the acceptance to Maryland!

I also submitted to Maryland this cycle, and guess what, I’m still waiting for the result. Given that you have been accepted, it seems that I am in the waitlist now, hopefully?

Or maybe they just forgot to send me the rejection 😭

anyway, still finger crossed.

I got acceptance from KU, btw, but the funding is till being figured out.