Hunter College Funding

artnerd1234

Hi! 

I just learned that I got into Hunter College for the MA Program but the acceptance letter did not have any financial aid information. I asked the graduate admissions department if there was any way I could see if I was given any financial aid award but they said it wasn't possible at this time. Hunter is one of my top choices but I was also accepted into other schools that are offering tuition waivers and stipends so I really want to see if it would be possible to have Hunter offer some financial aid (For more context, I applied as an out-of-state student). 

I was wondering if anyone has gone/is going through the same thing or if there's any current Hunter students that might be able to shed some more light on the financial aid situation there. 

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Congrats! I had a really good experience at Hunter and was fully funded. I received the funding by stating my intended area of study in my application. The funds didn't come from Hunter in the traditional way (ex. Provost's office) but from a private donor. Professors have relationships with donors and are aware of which funds have yet to be allocated. If you know what you want to study (ex. Medieval, Latin America, Contemporary etc.), I would reach out to that specific professor and state your interest and situation. 

Unlike private schools, you really have to get after people at CUNY and ask for everything you want. I hope this helps!