NIH PREP 2024-2025 Applicants Unite!

Hi everyone!

I applied to a few PREP programs but haven’t heard a peep from any of them. I have no change to any of my application portals and I checked all my inbox folders for any type of communication but it’s been radio silence. I’m nervous that somehow my applications weren’t reviewed or missed somehow. I also applied to lab jobs as backup too but I just find it odd to have heard absolutely nothing this late. 

Edited by TinyPothos

19 hours ago, TinyPothos said:

Hi everyone!

I applied to a few PREP programs but haven’t heard a peep from any of them. I have no change to any of my application portals and I checked all my inbox folders for any type of communication but it’s been radio silence. I’m nervous that somehow my applications weren’t reviewed or missed somehow. I also applied to lab jobs as backup too but I just find it odd to have heard absolutely nothing this late. 

who did you apply to?

1 hour ago, AlonaAbu said:

who did you apply to?

I applied to UPenn, Yale, Brown, and the NIH IRP. Those were the only programs both in the areas of research I was interested in and location wise. Like I mentioned, I also applied to RA jobs as well but a PREP program would be much more beneficial. 

On 4/21/2024 at 5:41 PM, TinyPothos said:

Hi everyone!

Yea it's annoying that they don't send updates :( Only way to know the status of your application is to call or email them. That is what I have been doing. I would rather know I got rejected than keep waiting for nothing!!!

4 hours ago, TinyPothos said:

I applied to UPenn, Yale, Brown, and the NIH IRP. Those were the only programs both in the areas of research I was interested in and location wise. Like I mentioned, I also applied to RA jobs as well but a PREP program would be much more beneficial. 

When did you apply? NIH is usually rolling admissions but I heard they still take people up until the summer! Good luck :) Hopefully you get some good news soon!

Hi all! 

I am also a 2024-2025 PREP applicant and only applied to the UChicago program. I got an interview invite the 18th and am interviewing tomorrow!

Does anyone have any tips? I'm both really excited and super nervous 😗

3 hours ago, prismatic.ink said:

Hi all! 

I am also a 2024-2025 PREP applicant and only applied to the UChicago program. I got an interview invite the 18th and am interviewing tomorrow!

Does anyone have any tips? I'm both really excited and super nervous 😗

CONGRATS that's really exciting! Good luck! Let us know how it goes

Question: When did you apply? I applied in April  and I'm wondering if I'll actually get an interview or if they sent interviews to everyone already

@glassskinprincess 
I found out about the program on March 5th so it took me a bit to narrow down where I wanted to go / if PREP was even a good fit. So I applied on March 31st 🫣 and my recommenders got the letters in a few days later. I didn't hear anything back until last Thursday, so I wouldn't despair if you haven't heard back yet!

16 minutes ago, prismatic.ink said:

@glassskinprincess 
I found out about the program on March 5th so it took me a bit to narrow down where I wanted to go / if PREP was even a good fit. So I applied on March 31st 🫣 and my recommenders got the letters in a few days later. I didn't hear anything back until last Thursday, so I wouldn't despair if you haven't heard back yet!

I applied to multiple places and have interview for other graduate program at Mount Sinai so I'm not losing hope just yet...

Maybe PREP wasn't the best choice for me since I only have 6 months of previous research experience and I'm looking to become a MD/PhD student whereas most programs look for students interested in PhD only

7 hours ago, glassskinprincess said:

I applied to multiple places and have interview for other graduate program at Mount Sinai so I'm not losing hope just yet...

Maybe PREP wasn't the best choice for me since I only have 6 months of previous research experience and I'm looking to become a MD/PhD student whereas most programs look for students interested in PhD only

Doesn't mean you don't have a shot!

Definitely don't lose hope, and it doesn't hurt to send a check in? I don't know if I'd do it right now but maybe in the coming week or two?

On 4/27/2024 at 1:24 PM, AlonaAbu said:

URMC emailed me about an interview but I already accepted Case... oops? how do i reply to them lol

I’m not sure of what discipline you want to do research in but URMC seems really dedicated to seeing students grow as much as possible. Though I didn’t choose to go there, I definitely wouldn’t have been mad about it because it seems like a really great program. Just thought you might want to know.