Is it ok if you were on a waitlist that is now closed to ask for feedback on your work if available? I'm not sure if it's OK to ask or if it will reflect on me poorly

Hello! I was recently notified that a school's waitlist has officially closed. I appreciated them emailing me rather than making me wait until April 15th. I was going to email back just to say that I appreciated the follow up, but I was also wondering if I could potentially ask for feedback. I figured there wasn't a risk in asking (even if they, most likely, say no) but now I'm second guessing whether I should do that in case it comes off as unprofessional or needy/desperate, idk. I keep going back and forth on this but was wondering if other people have asked in the past and how that's worked out or if there's a general convention that you shouldn't ask or it's pointless to ask since they will say no. Thank you for any insight!!