Romanian

kotov

Just out of curiosity, are there any Romanian speakers here? Even if it isn't what you're studying, I just want to see if there are any around or if I'm alone here. I'm really hoping to do a Romanian Studies minor with my history graduate work, so this question is at least somewhat relevant, I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

You posted this awhile ago, but I don't come to these forums very often anymore, so I figured I'd respond anyway. I'm not Romanian but my boyfriend is and I'm applying for money to study the language this summer at Indiana University. I've found it very difficult to find professors in the States doing research in Romanian Studies. Although, maybe in history programs it's different.

You posted this awhile ago, but I don't come to these forums very often anymore, so I figured I'd respond anyway. I'm not Romanian but my boyfriend is and I'm applying for money to study the language this summer at Indiana University. I've found it very difficult to find professors in the States doing research in Romanian Studies. Although, maybe in history programs it's different.

Actually, that's why I applied to Indiana, so I could do Romanian Studies alongside history...however, I consider that a longshot. Either way, my research is going to relate to Romania, so I'm going to use the language either way. Is your boyfriend actually from Romania or just of Romanian descent?

Yes, Indiana seems to be the center for Romanian Studies in the country, although many universities have a handful of people who do things related to Romania(n).

I'm sending you a private message now, so I don't give out any more information on my boyfriend in such a public forum. :)