Timeline for MA programs with rolling admission

hh725

I still haven't heard from two of my programs (out of three), and I thought I'd start a new thread to ask about the timeline for hearing back from Master's programs with rolling admission. I was definitely expecting to hear back sooner, and I'm wondering if PhD decisions have take priority at my two remaining schools. Do any of you have thoughts about this?

My situation: I applied to three Master's programs -- 2 top choices and 1 safety. I have been accepted at one of my top choices, but I can't believe the other ones haven't gotten back to me yet. I contacted my other top choice (which had an earlier deadline than the one I've already been accepted at) this week and was told the department had either made decisions or was close to reaching decisions -- very vague. Note that my other top choice is ranked well below the one I've already been accepted at, but I met with a prof in the fall and feel it would be a great fit. Are wait lists common with Master's programs, esp. those not in the top 10?