Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

About me:

  • M26, software engineer with 3-4 years of experience, Looking to career pivot into public policy
  • Politically on the left: have volunteered for campaigns that align with the Zohran, AOC, Bernie camp. Am a DSA member.  
  • Fields of policy I'd love to make an impact in: tech anti-trust/AI regulation, labor policy, immigration policy, and gender equality. I know less about international policy, although I've found it increasingly interesting over the last few years, so I wouldn't say no to it
  • Currently live in NYC and my friends are all here and would love to stay, but I don't wanna kick myself 10 years later because I didn't want to sacrifice 2 years of NYC
  • I'm a dancer outside of work, which is part of why NYC has been great since there's been a lot of opportunities for that

Offers & Scholarship:

  • NYU Law - no scholarship yet
  • Penn Law - no scholarship yet
  • HKS - $30k a year (Remaining tuition: $42k a year)
  • Columbia SIPA - $55k a year (Remaining tuition: $28.5k a year)
  • UChicago Harris - $35k a year (Remaining tuition: $38k a year)
    • Submitted scholarship reconsideration as well
  • UC Berkeley Goldman - $15k a year (Remaining tuition: $19k a year) (in-state)
  • Georgetown - $17k a year (Remaining tuition: $41k a year)

Questions:

  • HKS is the best program, but I hear it is still difficult to get a job afterwards. How big of a difference is HKS and SIPA?
  • I have an undergrad degree in CS and want to work in tech/anti-trust/labor policy (open to any progressive policy goals though). So I applied to JD programs as well for JD-advantaged jobs. Would a JD from NYU Law give me a better foot into the door of these jobs than an HKS degree? It's expensive of course, but if it's worth it, I can look into external funding/scholarships.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use