Human Rights/Development Studies Programs

veeto

Hi guys, first time posting and currently preparing applications for 2011. I am a Canadian and am looking mainly at programs in Europe - I would love some opinions, especially if you have attended any of these schools or are familiar with the programs. Here's my list thus far:

Aalborg University

MSc Development & International Relations (*Global Refugee Studies Specialization*)

ISS Erasmus University & Central European University

MA Development & MA Public Policy - Mundus MAPP Program

University of East Anglia

MA International Relations & Development Studies

University of Edinburgh

MSc International Development

Roehampton University

MA Human Rights & International Relations

University of Leeds

MA Global Development

Swansea University

MSc in Development & Human Rights or MSc Migration & International Development

Thanks in advance for your help! Cost is definitely a factor being that I'm an international student - which I'm sure you can tell from the list. Cheers

Hi guys, first time posting and currently preparing applications for 2011. I am a Canadian and am looking mainly at programs in Europe - I would love some opinions, especially if you have attended any of these schools or are familiar with the programs. Here's my list thus far:

Aalborg University

MSc Development & International Relations (*Global Refugee Studies Specialization*)

ISS Erasmus University & Central European University

MA Development & MA Public Policy - Mundus MAPP Program

University of East Anglia

MA International Relations & Development Studies

University of Edinburgh

MSc International Development

Roehampton University

MA Human Rights & International Relations

University of Leeds

MA Global Development

Swansea University

MSc in Development & Human Rights or MSc Migration & International Development

Thanks in advance for your help! Cost is definitely a factor being that I'm an international student - which I'm sure you can tell from the list. Cheers

Check Essex, Oxford, Sussex, Cambridge, LSE, and SOAS.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the MSc in Human Rights at LSE- the course is pretty flexible so you can also take courses in the department of international development, which I loved. So much so I'm applying for a PhD there though not holding out much hope...

Thanks for your response! Good to get some feedback. Good luck with your application!

Definitely definitely take a look at Sussex. IDS is famous in development and they have a great department. Grades will be counted but I think their admissions has a very holistic approach in assessing applicants. Plus it's near Brighton, which is fun :)